We spent a few nights here recently. The people are very kind. The atmosphere is relaxed. The Bed & Breakfast is just simply outdated. The decor is very late 90's. It is way, way overdone. Our room needed to be de-cluttered and dusted- big time. We could hear the conversations of other guests. The employees were kind and friendly. The breakfast was good according to my hubby. I am gluten-free, so there were very few choices for me. Honestly, this was just too expensive for me given the atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Gruene, with Guadalupe River access, this 14 room, boutique retreat provides a truly unique vacation or corporate retreat guest experience. Walk down to the river from the backyard or stroll through the historic district's amazing shops and restaurants, and kick up your heels to live music at Texas' oldest dance hall. Enjoy a complimentary wine happy hour each evening, and come to the table hungry in the morning for a fabulous gourmet breakfast buffet. For a romantic getaway, business retreat or fun weekend of dining, dancing, shopping and sight seeing, the Gruene River Hotel and Retreat! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Gruene Apple Hotel New Braunfels
- Gruene Apple Bed And Breakfast
- Gruene River Hotel & Retreat New Braunfels, Texas