“Calming and Beautiful Place”

Dry Comal Creek Vineyards
Reviewed 5 September 2017

This is a beautiful place. It is VERY beautiful. I ran a 5K there. After the run, we received a free sample of the wine. That was over the top. It was, forgive the lowbrow statement, tasty. This review is not about that. This review is about the beauty and the grounds.
We were there when the grapes were still on the vines. It is an actual vineyard. It was quiet. They have there own grounds with stone tables, fire pits, and patios. I was impressed. It is a short drive from downtown San Antonio. When I say short, I am talking about Texas short. The drive is 45 minutes. Be careful when you go because it is a quick turn that comes up on you. If you have a chance then I would definitely go.
Please note that this is in the Hill Country and not really in New Braunfels proper. It is out of the way. The address is just New Braunfels. Also, the temperature is different than in San Antonio. It is usually a few degrees cooler. Especially starting in September.

1  Thank Rammgm
"cabernet sauvignon"
"texas wines"
"white port"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this winery"
"small vineyard"
"colombard"
"carafe"
"jalapenos"

Reviewed 30 August 2017

This was a great place to venture. While I didn't care much for the wines, I did like the experience. The staff was great, she has a son that lives in Maryland like my group. So we chatted about that and places to go, etc. It was a really nice place. The wine slushy was great!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Our first time visiting the winery and we loved it! The staff was just so kind and attentive, the wine tasting was great. You must try the Black White Spanish it was our favorite, the sangria was also delish! We will be back soon

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We recently planned a trip to Canyon Lake without any intentions of visiting any of the local wineries. After a few days of exploring the surrounding areas of interest, we decided we might as well visit some of the tasting rooms within 30 or so minutes of the resort. I typically do not have a huge interest in Texas wines. I often find them too sweet for my taste. I prefer a bold Cab or a peppery California Zin. I chose Dry Comal Creek vineyard as one of the places we would drive to because it looked like it had a nice patio and they had live music on Saturday. I immediately liked it because there was a sign posted at the entrance that said "limos and buses" were not allowed during the weekends. This was great because I have been to several tasting rooms on the west coast and other states that do not have this rule and trying to get an informed server to spend time with you, discussing their wines, is near impossible because of all the large groups of people who are mostly out for a good time. There is nothing wrong with large groups of people celebrating life, but I really am interested in the actual winery and the wine it produces. Asking questions and getting good answers is difficult when you can't hear the person who is serving you. Anyway, the tasting room was quiet and peaceful. The servers were so nice and very knowledgeable. There were people outside on the patio, and there was a solo artist singing some really good tunes. There are large trees everywhere on the property and there is plenty of seating everywhere. They offer nice cheese plates and apparently the Sangria is a must have. I didn't try it, but a lot of people sitting outside had carafes of it sitting on their tables. We purchased a few bottles of wine and then enjoyed a glass outside, listening to the music. It was a very hot July evening, but the breeze was nice so we stayed for a bit. We were pleased with the bottles we purchased. I would revisit this winery and would recommend it to others.