“Surprise! It is WAY MORE than a snake farm”

Animal World and Snake Farm Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: Two Attractions, One Admission:Mountain Lion CubsExciting Croc & Alligator ShowPetting ZooWorld's Largest RodentEndangered PrimatesMost Dangerous Snake in the WorldBirds of the WorldCarnivore Feeding ShowRattlesnake PitConcession StandGift ShopAnd much more!!Check web site for showtimes, vary according to season.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We took some out of town guests on our first visit here and were pleasantly surprised to find a large outdoor area out back full of a wide variety of different animals. The barnyard type were very friendly and quickly gathered around for some feed. The more exotic (were obviously not roaming the grounds) but were a sight to see nonetheless! It was more like a small, private zoo than a snake farm. Although the indoor area does house many snakes, alligators and other types of reptiles. The main attraction, in my mind, was the area out back. The staff was friendly, although we had little need for interaction after paying our entry fees.

1  Thank Donna W

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a nice little zoo that has room to grow! We spent the morning here about one and a half hours! It is a very nice little zoo. Fun place to watch the animals and just relax. Little kids will love it! There is a petting zoo where you can feed the animals as well. I see good things as they expand.

1  Thank Tammi L
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Visited with husband and 3 kids today. Overall staff was very unfriendly! Lady working the cash register didn't seem to want to interact with anyone. We were present for 2 animal interaction talks. My children asked questions about the albino python they brought out. Answers were not educational at ALL. My child asked if the snake would hurt someone in the wild. Staffs answer "not a human". My other child asked if the snake had ever bit him. Staffs response, " if he was going to bite me he probably would've done it by now". Indoor snake cage area smelled badly! More variety of snakes than most zoos. However cages of all the animals seemed very small. Would not spend the $45 again for all of us to go back.

2  Thank Fabfiv
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We have been stopping at the snake farm as long as I can remember. Took our 10 And 6 year old grandsons today. They ( we) had a blast!!! Great collection of animals. My favorite was the monkey that has adopted a pet mouse. We watched it for a long time, so cute!! The mouse could get away at anytime. The monkey even sat it down several times and it would jump back up on the monkeys shoulder. Amazing!!!! Great value for all the animals you get to see up close and personal and the staff were all so friendly and informative. We will never go past without stopping and spending an hour or two. Boys didn't want to leave!! ( me either)

1  Thank Wedouseforksingtown
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Snakes, spiders, & crocs ohh my! Lots of animals to see. Went in the summer and it was HOT outside. If you go during the Texas summer (9 months of the year) go in the morning when it is not blazing. The petting zoo was just wild! Do not suggest unless you like being pounced on. Great for kids!!!

1  Thank Eshafer