“Good food - nice place”

Ranked #30 of 285 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Price range: US$2 - US$13
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Restaurant Fork and Spoon Patio Cafe Open 2007 Restaurant - Bakery - Catering BEST FRENCH TOAST IN TOWN ! Open for Dinner GERMAN and Italian Thu.-Sat. 5pm-9pm
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had a positive experience there on a Saturday afternoon. We thought the food was good to very good and atmosphere was nice. It is a little hard to spot unless you are really looking - we have lived here for almost a year and didn't know it existed until last weekend. We will eat there again.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Good service, nice people, nice priced meal. They serve breakfast food past noon. The menu selection is a good size. It has some German plates to enjoy if you feel like trying something you can't always eat. They also have traditional American style food. It didn't take to long to get the food. The Cherry Strudel was good.

1  Thank LilSnake
Reviewed 10 November 2013

we've eaten here several times, always hoping it will improve (since we lack good breakfast fare in New Braunfels) but every time I walk away "ho-hum" at best and disappointed at least. several times our food has been cold and even runny scrambled eggs. Hope you have better luck than us, we strike out about half the time.

2  Thank thefamilythattravels
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had breakfast there October 16, 2013 and LOVED it!

Based on reading other reviews, I can't vouch for the weekend/brunch experience. But at my age (50+), I know that it's impossible to keep service "perfect" at busy times, and based on how good the food is, I suspect the weekends here are VERY busy. We came in for breakfast at about 10:30 a.m. on a Wednesday.

We made the trip from the DFW area to New Braunfels because my husband had a business speaking engagment and our adult daughter and her "significant other" were both coming along with us for the "outlet shopping experience."

The coffee was excellent and served in generously sized ceramic mugs, whicht kept it hot until I finished my full cup.

Two of us had the "Ranch Hand breakfast" (3 eggs to order, choice of 2 breakfast meats (out of 3 available), fried potatoes and a biscuit with gravy.) We ordered the gravy on the side. The other two had the Eggs Benedict. The food was prepared perfectly. I chose the sausage and bacon and the sausage was patties (not links, as is common in many breakfast restaurants), not "corporate" (like Jimmy Dean or Owens), and appeared to be homemade and was EXCELLENT! I ordered my eggs over easy and they were perfect (admittedly, that's not really difficult and any breakfast place can do this.) My husband is very picky about the poached eggs in his Eggs Benedict and he said they were spot on. (He gets Eggs Benedict anyplace they are on the menu, and more often than not, the yolks are over-cooked.)

There was so much food, I couldn't finish, but no sausage was left over.

Our server was named Liz, and she was excellent. She paid special attention to our daughter, and since this was sort of a vacation for her & her S.O., it made me thrilled with the entire experience.

1  Thank pharmgirl
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This too is one of my most favorite places to eat in New Braunfels, TX. But I'm warning you - the pesto salad dressing is addictive! It will arrive in your dreams at night and your thoughts during the day. My, oh my is it good! And the bread basket should be outlawed - it's so good! I've eaten here for both breakfast and lunch - both I would highly recommend. Yet just so you know, the service can be spotty and the wait can get a little long during the busy season. But it's worth waiting for!

1  Thank luvplayacar