“I crave Cravings”

Description: Many reviews on Yelp and Urban Spoon
New Braunfels, Texas
“I crave Cravings”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The perfect stop for lunch. You just can't beat the food here, simple but flavorful. Excellent menu, their soups are imaginative and sandwiches are top notch. And then there's the soda crackers..... a must try.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lazyday1111

World
“Awesome”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My nephew told me about this place so I decided to take the 20 minute trip. It was well worth the drive. I had the roast beef sandwich on there homemade bun. It was awesome. Planning on going back often for lunch despite the drive time.

• Visited June 2013
Houston
“Freshness in every bite!”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

What a great little gem. I came in a few minutes before closing and was still greeted with a smile and given great service. I had the Envy sandwich. So good and loved that it was served with firecracker crackers and sweet pickles. Such a treat!

• Visited May 2013
New Braunfels, Texas
“Excellent Food & Service...”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Great little place not too far from the 'round about' in the middle of town, just off San Antonio Street. If you're driving UP Seguin Ave from I-35, you circle right around the round about to the left & come out on the other side (I guess it would be the South side of San Antonio Street). If you have trouble, just look at a map or ask directions.

The parking here is VERY tight & can cause congestion there at the entrance so please watch carefully as you pull in b/c you may have to wait your turn to pull in. There's parking around back & on the other side but again, tight squeeze so take your time!

The restrooms are around back as well...none inside. When you walk in, another tight squeeze there where you place the order. Inside there's a small area for sitting but they also have dining outside so my friend and I dined al fresco! (outside). The al fresco seating has a pergola over it so you have a nice shady area in which to eat, they have picnic tables & regular tables w/chairs.
They serve mostly sandwiches, soups, salads along with homemade deserts! I ordered the chicken salad...not your typical chicken salad...it's red! I've never seen red chicken salad before but it sure was yummy! I'm not sure what they put in it but it sure was good and filling too! I could barely eat all of mine. It was placed on a croissant instead of bread slices! It comes with pickles & your sandwich comes topped w/romaine lettuce & tomato. They also serve the sandwiches w/crackers coated w/spices and I believe brushed w/olive oil...very tasty and different...good alternative to chips, they call them 'firecrackers'. But you also receive your choice of 1: chips, fresh fruit, soup or pasta salad. I ordered the fruit. I also ordered water but beware, their cup for water is a TINY plastic cup...kind of like those you get by the water jug at work...like a 'Dixie Cup' but just a tad taller...smaller than what I'd consider a kiddie cup...a negative for me. They do offer extra toppings but they're ala carte.

They have a variety of take home items along w/their usual food items I mentioned, again, they offer desserts, homemade rolls! Homemade buns, their firecrackers and special sauce too!

All in all, it's a really neat, quaint small upscale cafe and really has great service & excellent food! Don't pass it up but again, just be careful w/the narrow driveway into the parking area...again it can be a tight squeeze for some.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank cecilschick
“Great spot for lunch”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Cravings is is great place to grab lunch. They are only open from like 10-3. On pretty days you can sit outside on the patio. If you go on a chilly day, there is a different soup each day of the week. The sandwiches are on homemade rolls and they have homemade desserts including cupcakes and pies.

• Visited March 2013