“Awesome little bakery!”

Price range: US$2 - US$50
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: We are a 100% dedicated gluten free bakery serving sweet and savory goods, handcrafted from local, Organic and sustainably raised ingredients. Every item is made from scratch and in house. We take great care in sourcing ingredients from facilities dedicated to protecting consumers from cross contamination. Our goods are made from minimally processed and whole food ingredients, guaranteeing that your sweet or savory treat is safe, wholesome and most importantly delicious.We serve locally roasted Organic, Fair Trade French press process coffee as a complement to our baked items. Also serving Organic, Fair Trade loose leaf teas and Buddha's Brew Kombucha.
New Braunfels, Texas
“Awesome little bakery!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I am a local, and this little gem of a bakery is one of my favorite places in New Braunfels. The ingredients are top quality and the baking and service are top notch. Even if you don't require gluten-free, everything will taste great! One of my favorite things about Red Oak is that you can get organic coffee with real cream in a real coffee cup!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank oh_shat

Austin, Texas
“Awesome hidden find”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I try and eat gluten free as much as possible and decided to give Red Oak Bakery a try for our morning coffee and pastries. The food is amazing, the bakery very warming and welcoming and the staff incredibly friendly. If we were given a blindfold test, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between these treats and a regular pastry. The coffee was very good - french press. We even went back Sunday morning for a second time to get something for the road, but unfortunately they were closed. We will definitely make this a regular morning stop on our trips to New Braunfels.

Visited July 2014
New Braunfels, TX
“Gluten free bakery!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great place. Come early, because often the sale out. I almost tried everything. My office is only half a block from this bakery.

• Visited July 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Amazing cupcakes-- like the real thing.”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This place is a godsend for someone like me, who has celiac disease but LOVES baked goods. It is a dedicated facility meaning absolutely no gluten even enters the building. I’ve sampled all of their cupcakes, a few of their scones, their OJ cake, and a chocolate cookie. The cupcakes were out of this world good—I almost couldn’t believe they were gluten free. The scones were pretty good, and the OJ cake was FANTASTIC. The only thing that wasn’t up to par was the cookie with nuts in it. It was dry and kind of lacked flavor. But the cupcakes more than make up for any shortfalls of that cookie. The flavors are so intense and perfectly balanced—coconut and lime, chocolate fudge and chili, even the vanilla one was outrageously good. I will continue to go here on the weekends (I think they’re closed Monday-Wednesday) and support a local bakery.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank ldeimos
New Braunfels, Texas
“Red Oak Bakery is one of a kind, no other can compare!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

When you experience the ambience of this quaint, old fashioned bakery with a flare of old world ingenuity and new age thinking, you realize this is your last stop for "gluten free" breads, pastries and desserts. The quality of these "gems," the organic all-natural ingredients used surpasses any other bakery. Even if you are not glucose intolerant, you can't pass up the Red Oak Bakery experience. If you aren't familiar with specialty pastries and desserts, the owners will teach you. They bake fresh daily and to your order. The prices are perfectly matched with each item on their menu. Fresh organic coffee. Be prepared to enjoy your goodies either inside the bakery or outside at a table under the old red oak tree. You will leave with a good feeling inside, for many reasons :)

• Visited February 2014