“Not bad, not bad at all”
Review of Captain Ben's Seafood Shack - CLOSED

Captain Ben's Seafood Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
New Braunfels, TX
“Not bad, not bad at all”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was a little put out at the ordering process. Reminds me too much of the hole-in-the-wall BBQ places we have in Texas. But I was pleasantly surprised by the food. the Cajun menu is plentiful and varied, you can have a chicken fried steak if you want, and the seafood menu is just straight ahead. I had the fish and shrimp combo and for 7.99 I was very pleased. Even the regular seafood menu has a bit of a Cajun flair with paprika and a little red pepper hiding under the breading. We don't have a real good reasonable seafood restaurant here in New Braunfels and I think this one is a keeper.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank CJHollandNBTX

Alamo Heights, Texas
“Run - don't walk, to Captain Ben's for seafood”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

While I agree with other reviews that the order process is more like some Bar-B-Q joints, who cares when the food is this good. Captain Ben's Seafood Shack in New Braunfels took up the digs of an old bbq place in town so I was very, very surprised at what they have going.
Everything looks good, but I tried the "Imperial" - blackened tilapia with artichoke in a lemon butter sauce and I'm here to tell you it was out of this world. (The wife had a very good Pontchartrain).
Don't waste your money at Pappadeaux's or (heaven forbid) Landry's. Captain Ben's has their
sauces down & fish/seafood cooked to absolute perfection at a price that could be double & still worth it. I went to find the owner this food was that amazingly good.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tom C
New Braunfels, Texas
“Great food, good service, strange ordering process”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

If your in New Braunfels and you want seafood, go here. My wife and I have been wanting to go here sense before they opened and finally went. Woooo, it was good, we waited too long to try the food. It only cost $40 for two with drinks and an appitizer. Get the Fondue for an appitizer, best I have ever had. Cant wait to go back. The lady Linda R. who placed a review is nuts, this place is great.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Todd6066
Portland, Maine
“worst place i ever ate”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

appetizer ,crawfish tails was mostly fries,asked for tarter sauce waitress never came back seafood plater fish was raw inside, shrimp was very small and fried oysters were tough like chewing rubber.had to go get silverware.stuffed shrimp was all stuffing. this place needs to go. it's a health hazard.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Linda R
new braunfels,texas
“terrible service,hit & miss food quality”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

first visit was take out, bad service but good food. 2nd visit was dine in,service bad and food bad. wife's fish was cold and undercooked, my fried fish was soaking in oil, probably from cooking at wrong temp. 45 minutes before closing and they dumped out all the ice tea so they could get out early, I assume.No one in charge, just a bunch of kids (employees) hanging out. The place was about 25% full but nobody was getting service and the kids (employees)were just behind the counter talking to each other. apparently Ben's does not have any kind of training program and no manager in the evening when we were there.We don't plan to return

• Visited June 2013