“Excellent all around”

Huisache Grill and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 261 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston
“Excellent all around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely cozy restaurant. Trains going by added to the fun experience.

We were a party of 8 with children. We enjoyed everything from our appetizers, entrees to desserts. Fried Brie was very nice. Steaks were all cooked right. Kids enjoyed their root beer floats. House made coffee ice cream was great.

Our waitress was pleasant and did a great job taking care of us.
We will be back when we come back to New Braunfels again.

1 Thank hkhhouston

Dallas
“Stylish atmosphere, good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I both had the Hot and Crunchy Trout for $16. The wine selection is extensive, we both had a glass of wine. I especially liked the stylish atmosphere and decor. Very sophisticated in a small Texas town!

Houston, Texas
“Great Place to Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I treated myself to lunch and enjoyed a salad trio entree. The good was quite good. I enjoyed a book while eating. The waitress was attentive and did not rush me. I felt very comfortable and welcomed. (I do not recommend the lemon cookies and sorbet for dessert. It was not especially good and rather run of the mill.)

Burleson, Texas
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were very excited to try this place because of all the reviews on tripadvisor.com...overall it was ok. We had to wait for an hour to get a table, it was a Saturday night so this was to be expected. I did like the fact that they get your cell number so they can text you when your table is ready. This allows the freedom to visit all the little shops and walk around to kill time. They also have an outdoor bar that serves wine, beer and appetizers. The food was good, a little overpriced (ie $2.25 for a CAN of soda, yes they served it in the can). I did expect a it to be a little overpriced because it is a trendy and tourist place to visit but they could have at least poured the can of soda in a glass. Another negative, the waitstaff/employees, they must have a company policy against smiling and being friendly. No one was overly rude, just not friendly. This was everyone from the snippy girl that answered the phone when I called, the hostess, bar tenders, food servers, busy boys/girls and our server. Either no one is happy or they are required to maintain a drone like persona. This is a good place to enjoy good food, it could be great if the people were friendlier and more engaging.

Alpine, Texas
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We took my mother-in-law here for her birthday. The food and service were excellent. This has always been one of my wife's favorite restaurants.

• Visited June 2014