“Wonderful restaurant”

Huisache Grill and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 271 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We eat here often and the food is awesome. The price is excellent and the environment is lovely. If you visit one restaurant only in New Braunfels, visit this one!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Restaurant is a charming one story structure, with an outside patio opening unto a yard (where children can run around! )---but tucked away next to a railroad in the middle of a historic town settled by Germans before 1850- within 45 minute drive of San Antonio. The menu is varied, the presentation beautiful, the food delicious, AND the prices most reasonable. There can be waits for a table, although a leisurely cocktail in this great setting helps pass the time.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely cozy restaurant. Trains going by added to the fun experience.

We were a party of 8 with children. We enjoyed everything from our appetizers, entrees to desserts. Fried Brie was very nice. Steaks were all cooked right. Kids enjoyed their root beer floats. House made coffee ice cream was great.

Our waitress was pleasant and did a great job taking care of us.
We will be back when we come back to New Braunfels again.

1  Thank hkhhouston
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I both had the Hot and Crunchy Trout for $16. The wine selection is extensive, we both had a glass of wine. I especially liked the stylish atmosphere and decor. Very sophisticated in a small Texas town!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I treated myself to lunch and enjoyed a salad trio entree. The good was quite good. I enjoyed a book while eating. The waitress was attentive and did not rush me. I felt very comfortable and welcomed. (I do not recommend the lemon cookies and sorbet for dessert. It was not especially good and rather run of the mill.)