“great experience”

Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Puebla, Mexico
“great experience”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

all employees were friendly in my stay, everybody were helpful with me. the climate at my room was great, outside was very cold then when I arrive to my room, it was warm, it was waiting for me and I sleeped well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Eduardo A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Colfax, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 November 2013

on my way to texas I called the red roof inn I talked with pam she was so nice and polite on the phone it was as if she was inviting me to her home. I called around to other hotels but did not receive a feeling about them I told my husband I want to stay at red roof when we arrived there was pam and frank at front they both was very nice and went over and beyond to get us in a room and settle as we were very tired . we travel across the United States as my husband is a mechanic and with the company Naes they work on the power plants to keep everyone with electricity. so you see I get to see a lot of hotels and meet lots of people so when I say these are some of the most outstanding people I truly mean it when we return to new brunfels we will be staying at the red roof inn. on our travels its always anywhere from 8 to 16 guys that are there to work I know there was at least 12 of us that stayed at the red roof inn and not one out of the 12 has had a bad thing to say. I know they would never get on here and write so that's why I wanted to let everyone know its a wonderful place if you cant be at home

Room Tip: rooms on back are quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
RedRoofInn644, General Manager at Red Roof Inn New Braunfels, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Our team at Red Roof Inn New Braunfels is humbled with your kind words. We are glad that your stay was enjoyable and that we were able to meet your expectations. We are immensely encouraged when our guests take time to provide feedback. Thank you so much for being our guest and it was indeed an honor. We would love to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Manish Patel
Sumner, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Kim and Frank provide excellent customer service. The rooms are clean and they have very reasonable rates. I have stayed here several times over the last couple of months. The only drawback for me is no fridge/no coffeemaker in room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Oklahoma
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Want to start off by saying that after reading the negative reviews of this motel I was a little worried about staying. I found though that judging from my experience the negative reviews were totally unfounded. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful. I had a King Superior room and found it was large, spotless and very comfortable. Microwave and fridge in the room. Motel is pet friendly and I have to say that the room smelled very clean with no trace of previous pets in the room. Breakfast is basic. 24 hour coffee in the lobby. This property is located right on I-35 North and is near many restaurants and fast food. There was absolutely zero outside noise and could not hear any noise from adjacent rooms. I found the price is below average for similar rooms in New Braunfels and I have stayed at many different locations in New Bruanfels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mississippi
Reviewed 19 October 2013

we attempted to stay here one night on an otherwise great trip to Texas. We needed a clean decent room for one night. We rented the room went inside and it was awful. The room smelled, the dresser was broken with the top drawer put in backwards, the bed squeaked when we sat on it, trash and debris outside the room. We were in the room for less than 10 minutes. We were tired and grumpy so went to dinner then called them and told them we did not want the room. we were told that there were no refunds and offered another room. After the condition of the first we were not comfortable staying there. We told the front desk we would not stay. We have attempted to work with the company to get a refund, calling the customer service line and emailing that night and making repeated efforts over the next two months. Basically we were told that they didn't know if we used the room so we were charged. We finally chose to pay the cost but we will not use Red Roof again due to the condition at this particular facility and the run around we got when calling the company. They promote if they cannot make the stay right you would not be charged for the room. That did not happen. I waited this long to do a review b/c I was hoping the company would make it right and I could have included that in the review.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sandj1850

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I would give this hotel negative stars if I could! I purchased a room at a weekly rate. Then I was attacked by not one but two TICKS! The manager, Mr Patel refused to even consider a refund on the money I put up front in good faith that I would not be molested in his hotel. He said he did a THOROUGH investigation, but who is to know? Hopefully the ticks didnt lay eggs and more potential patrons won't be possible subjected to LYME DISEASE!!! SHAME on you Mr Patel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed at this place over the last weekend. The only reason I booked it is bc I had my dog with me, and it is pet friendly. First let me say that I have never paid $90/night for a room with NO microwave or mini fridge. There was literally a bed, an old 1980s box tv, and a desk) When I called the office, and asked if we could get a room with one of those 2 things, I was told they did not have them in any rooms. Even though their website says they do?... The room was disgusting, and had an awful smell of pet urine. There were stains all over the floors and comforter too. We immediately went to Walmart and bought some disinfectant to ease my mind!! The bed was so uncomfortable, that I ended up sleeping on the floor on a pile of blankets just to get some rest. The continental breakfast is a joke. ( toast, week old muffins, and cereal..thats it). I will say that the gentleman at the front desk was very nice. He even gave me some of his personal advil for a headache( bc the place offered no travel amenties to buy). I will never stay here again, I would not recommend it to an enemy. GROSS!!!

Room Tip: If you are going to pay $100 anyway, might as well pay the $25 extra and stay somewhere nicer :)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple