“First time staying at Red Roof Inn”

Red Roof Inn New Braunfels
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My stay at the Red Roof was great when my boyfriend and I checked in, employee staff was very friendly and polite and on top of that the heater was already turned on in our room so it was very nice and comfortable when we arrived. I had never stayed at a Red Roof before but my boyfriend had last summer at this property and said he had no problems during his stay and neither did I. So we plan on coming back for spring break and will be wanting to stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
RedRoofInn644, General Manager at Red Roof Inn New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Sara,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the New Braunfels Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to post your review on our team message board. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to be first choice when it comes to lodging in the New Braunfels Area.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

This was one of the weirder Red Roof Inn experiences we've ever had. We asked for our usual superior king room and were tucked underneath the staircase at the end of the building. There was almost no one else around. The light outside our door was burned out and it was extremely dark under that staircase. They had no light bulb to replace it with. The curtains were hanging askew on the side window, the temperature was hard to regulate, the outside door was sort of shaggy with peeling paint. It was just plain tacky. And there was no good reason we couldn't have been put in a normal superior king room, as there was almost no one there. Add to that the frontage road situation and the fact that we had extreme trouble finding the place because the sign was nearly invisible in the setting sun, and we were not pleased. We got so frustrated with the traffic and the frontage road system, we didn't even try to find a restaurant after trying to get back to the motel after going to a Starbucks. We just ate some leftovers in the room because we couldn't face that frontage road again.

I will say the staff was very friendly and it is unusual to find even the minimal "continental breakfast" that they had there. It did get us down the road to the San Antonio airport where we could get a real breakfast, so that was useful.

Room Tip: Try not to get under the stairsin that weird king room. Don't try to find it in the late afterno...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Cheryl,

Thank you for leaving a review about your stay with us. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your visit in December. Please know that we value your feedback and will work very hard to ensure that the issue is corrected in the future. It is our hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in the New Braunfels area. Thank you again for your review!

Sincerely

Reviewed 2 December 2013

all employees were friendly in my stay, everybody were helpful with me. the climate at my room was great, outside was very cold then when I arrive to my room, it was warm, it was waiting for me and I sleeped well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Eduardo A
Reviewed 26 November 2013

on my way to texas I called the red roof inn I talked with pam she was so nice and polite on the phone it was as if she was inviting me to her home. I called around to other hotels but did not receive a feeling about them I told my husband I want to stay at red roof when we arrived there was pam and frank at front they both was very nice and went over and beyond to get us in a room and settle as we were very tired . we travel across the United States as my husband is a mechanic and with the company Naes they work on the power plants to keep everyone with electricity. so you see I get to see a lot of hotels and meet lots of people so when I say these are some of the most outstanding people I truly mean it when we return to new brunfels we will be staying at the red roof inn. on our travels its always anywhere from 8 to 16 guys that are there to work I know there was at least 12 of us that stayed at the red roof inn and not one out of the 12 has had a bad thing to say. I know they would never get on here and write so that's why I wanted to let everyone know its a wonderful place if you cant be at home

Room Tip: rooms on back are quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Our team at Red Roof Inn New Braunfels is humbled with your kind words. We are glad that your stay was enjoyable and that we were able to meet your expectations. We are immensely encouraged when our guests take time to provide feedback. Thank you so much for being our guest and it was indeed an honor. We would love to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Kim and Frank provide excellent customer service. The rooms are clean and they have very reasonable rates. I have stayed here several times over the last couple of months. The only drawback for me is no fridge/no coffeemaker in room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Want to start off by saying that after reading the negative reviews of this motel I was a little worried about staying. I found though that judging from my experience the negative reviews were totally unfounded. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful. I had a King Superior room and found it was large, spotless and very comfortable. Microwave and fridge in the room. Motel is pet friendly and I have to say that the room smelled very clean with no trace of previous pets in the room. Breakfast is basic. 24 hour coffee in the lobby. This property is located right on I-35 North and is near many restaurants and fast food. There was absolutely zero outside noise and could not hear any noise from adjacent rooms. I found the price is below average for similar rooms in New Braunfels and I have stayed at many different locations in New Bruanfels.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

we attempted to stay here one night on an otherwise great trip to Texas. We needed a clean decent room for one night. We rented the room went inside and it was awful. The room smelled, the dresser was broken with the top drawer put in backwards, the bed squeaked when we sat on it, trash and debris outside the room. We were in the room for less than 10 minutes. We were tired and grumpy so went to dinner then called them and told them we did not want the room. we were told that there were no refunds and offered another room. After the condition of the first we were not comfortable staying there. We told the front desk we would not stay. We have attempted to work with the company to get a refund, calling the customer service line and emailing that night and making repeated efforts over the next two months. Basically we were told that they didn't know if we used the room so we were charged. We finally chose to pay the cost but we will not use Red Roof again due to the condition at this particular facility and the run around we got when calling the company. They promote if they cannot make the stay right you would not be charged for the room. That did not happen. I waited this long to do a review b/c I was hoping the company would make it right and I could have included that in the review.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple