“Summer fun made better!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Resort at Schlitterbahn

The Resort at Schlitterbahn
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in New Braunfels
Brownwood, Texas
“Summer fun made better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Schlitterbahn is my family's favorite summer vacation location. Last summer, we stayed at the resort instead of a hotel during our visit. Staying at the resort made the trip so much more enjoyable! The convenience of staying in the park and getting to stay two days instead of one is something we certainly hope to do again. Huge thanks to all of the Schlitterbahn employees who work so hard to make summer fun for families!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BrenMichael
SchlitterbahnNB, Director of Lodging at The Resort at Schlitterbahn, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
BrenMichael,

Thank you for your recent review! We are so glad that you chose us as your summer destination in 2013. We hope you have made plans to visit us again in 2014. The Schlitterbahn family loves to make vacation memories and cherish our families that choose our location year after year. Remember - summer is short, memories last a lifetime!

Kathryn H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was our first time to Schlitterbahn and we had the best time. Unfortunately, it was cold and only one park was open but that did not dampen our spirits! We were prepared with wet suits and enjoyed every day. The Lofts are so great and it looks just like the pictures on the website with all the amenities you can think of! The jacuzzi bath was my favorite at the end of the day!! It was nice to see the town and we will definitely visit again. My son loved this more than Disneyland and that is saying a lot! Having such a great experience makes me want to check out the other parks in Corpus Christie and Kansas! When you go with the kiddos make sure to do the afterhour events as they will make new friends and you may too!

Room Tip: The Lofts are away from the action but very quiet with the view of Comal Lake! the Treehaus are in...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Selectdiva
Selectdiva,

Thank you for your recent review! We were so excited to open our gates during Spring Break this year! Unfortunately the weather was not as friendly in years past but we made the most of it! Today we opened the entire park for the first time this season. We hope that you make the trip back to see us sometime this summer - we'll be sure the water is a bit warmer this time around!

See you around the park!

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I purchased a living social deal for the Treehaus lofts at this location (2 nights in 2 bedroom Loft). I paid $250 for the voucher and it's suppose to be worth $450. When I tried to use my voucher, they told me they had rooms available but that I can not use in on weekends (only Sun through Thurs) eventhough it does not state that on the voucher. I sent them copies of the voucher to show that it doesnt state that and they said that it is up to the hotel to "add block out dates". When I called Living Social and had them call the resort, then the resort stated I can use it on the weekend but they're sold out for the weekend I need to book. I tried to get them to at least let us use it towards any other rooms and they refused. They called me the following day and offered to give me 'credit' for $250 towards a 3 bedroom Treehaus but that I would have to pay the difference of $350 on top of the $250. With living social, there is no expiration on the money I paid (the $250), so I can use the $250 any time I want at the resort and therefore the resort calling and telling me that they "allow" me to use the "$250" as credit seems more like a scam to make more money off of their customers. They have 3 3bedroom Treehauses available for the weekend and instead of honoring the voucher by at least letting us use it for one night in one of the available Treehauses (instead of the 2 nights I paid for), they would rather leave their rooms empty if we don't pay the extra money. Great customer service indeed!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank A Y
SchlitterbahnNB, Director of Lodging at The Resort at Schlitterbahn, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
A Y,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive the customer service you expected from our Resort team. We would like to accommodate your request. Due to the popularity of the Treehaus Luxury Suites availability is limited. Please contact me at 830.608.3270 to resolve this matter. We would like for you to be able to experience the Treehaus Luxury Suites and our resort. There are many things for you to do while you are here!

Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

With my travel schedule this place is always something to look forward to. I spend weeks on the road and look forward to getting here because the staff always tries to put me in the same location so the familiarity always helps. The rooms are comfortable, clean and large. The neighborhood is safe so I can take walks at the end of the days. People are always friendly. It suits my travel needs and I am looking forward to taking my family with me this summer. Schlitterbahn is an added treasure to an already great little town.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TexCol56
SchlitterbahnNB, Director of Lodging at The Resort at Schlitterbahn, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
TexCol56,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We always look forward to hosting our repeat guests whether it be for fun or business. If you happen to need anything during your next stay, you know where to find us! See you again soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed at The Resort at Schlitterbahn because we were visiting Gruene Hall to see a concert. The location was convenient and we were able to take a taxi to and from for about $10 (plus tip) each way.

The accommodations were much nicer than we anticipated. The beds were large, comfortable, clean, and had nice linens. The bathroom was modern, and while not large, was large enough for our overnight. The kitchen and living room were also clean and functional.

Based on some of the other reviews, I don't know if some remodeling has taken place. Our room did back up to the train tracks, but even though the train went by, it wasn't disruptive or extremely loud. We actually commented that it was very quiet considering how close we were to the tracks.

The staff was helpful and polite (both on the phone ahead of time and the front desk staff), and the price was right for an off-season visit to the New Braunfels area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ECVayCay
SchlitterbahnNB, Director of Lodging at The Resort at Schlitterbahn, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
ECVayCay,

Thank you for your recent review! I'm so glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable! The City of New Braunfels enacted a quite zone during the fall of 2013 and that has made a tremendous difference in the noise level at the resort. We are very pleased with the outcome!

If you are in the New Braunfels area again, whether it be for a concert at Gruene Hall or a family vacation, keep The Resort at Schlitterbahn in mind. We are here to make your stay memorable!

Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Came to New Braunfels for Wurstfest, booked our room at Schlitterbahn Resort. We were very pleased with the resort, especially how pleasant all the staff was. We enjoyed using the shuttle daily to Wurstfest. We hope to stay again when our grandchildren come to visit and we can go to the waterpark. We would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DebbyK
SchlitterbahnNB, Director of Lodging at The Resort at Schlitterbahn, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
DebbyK,

Thank you for your review! We love Wurstfest here in New Braunfels! It's one of our favorite times of the year. The shuttle transportation is a huge perk, especially with all of traffic at Wurstfest. The 2014 dates have been set so you can book your stay now! We hope to see you again in November.

San Angelo, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

We book reservations on-line for a 2-bedroom suite that sleeps 10. Three families went on vacation in mid-August for three-days. The "Resort" looks like the project homes of the 1070s and the furniture was that old as well. The TV in the living room was an old model TV. The rooms had a musty old smell to them like decay or mold that old homes get. The air units are noisy also and the controls do not work correctly - one bedroom was freezing while the other bedroom was too hot. The worst part is that the train tracks are right by the "Resort" and every few hours a train speeds by - you can hear every train speed and squeak on the track as it zooms by and blares it's whistle at least ten times a night until it gets past on its way down the track. Very horrible experience. The waterpark however was so well worth the trip. The kids and adults in our group really enjoyed the waterpark and the staff at the waterpark was great.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the "Resort" - stay at lodging close to the East end of the Park. Stay...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank christinec174
SchlitterbahnNB, Director of Lodging at The Resort at Schlitterbahn, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Christine C,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience at the resort. We understand that the train noise can interrupt a good night's sleep and the City of New Braunfels has pushed for a quite zone, meaning the train can no longer blare the horn at crossings within the city limits. We are pleased to announce that as of November 6th, 2013 the track near our property is now a quite zone! I'm glad you and your family were able to enjoy the waterpark. There's so much to do and so much fun to be had!

If you'd like to discuss your experience further, feel free to call me at 830.608.3270.