I was a little frustrated before our trip because I couldn't find much information about our condo at Boogie Bay, and I swore I'd write a review when we got home.
The Pros -
When you check in, you get to go to the park right away, even if your room isn't ready (ours wasn't ready until the 4pm time we were told). The resort opens at 8:30am, and we got there right then as a couple of other families were checking in. We were given our resort wrist band and the band we needed for that day's entry into the park. What's nice about being a resort guest is that you get to enter the park an hour before everyone else, but the only thing that is open is the "tower" in the new park, which has the Black Knight, Master Blaster, and Wolfpack ride. We parked in front of our condo and then headed over to the park. Everyone that wanted to ride these rides got to at least three or four times before the park "officially" opened, which was perfect because it meant our party didn't have to split up so that everyone could get a chance to ride.
Even better, those of us that didn't want to ride those but still wanted to go to the park, at least one other attraction was open (this wasn't advertised). Out of the three days we were there, the torrent river was open (which was so much fun!!) two of the days, and the last day one of the swim up pools directly below the tower rides was open, so we had something fun to do too.
Our condo was in the Surfenburg area, and we were in Condo 667. Our back patio looked out into the park - the butterfly bayou and the swim up bar/heated pool. It looks like it has been remodeled. The bedrooms are upstairs - we had a 3 bedroom - one room had a king, one had two queens, and the third had a queen. The upstairs had a shower and two toilets, while the downstairs had one toilet. The living room was nice and large with a kitchen table, and there was a full sized kitchen - full sized stove and full sized fridge, lots of cabinets. Everything was included, as they said, which was great! It also had a washer and dryer, so we dried our bathing suits at the end of every day. It was actually fairly quiet, but that may have been because of the time we went (beginning of June). The TV had cable, and there was decent wifi, although we were all so exhausted, we didn't really use it much. It was very, very clean! The sheets and blankets were nice and soft, and the bed was perfect after a long day (and made for great naps!)
you also get to enjoy the park the day you check out. We sent a couple of people from our party to check out, and we headed over to the park. You just can't get back in your room, so make sure before you turn in your key, you are really, truly ready to leave!
The Cons -
There is only one con, and it isn't even THAT big of a deal. There are two swim up bars that are open after the park closes. We were told that they were open from 9pm until midnight. Both nights that we were there, they weren't open. You could swim, but why would you want to after being out in the heat all day, since the pool was also heated? And they didn't get any deeper than 3-1/2 feet, so you couldn't really "swim" in them. We're guessing they weren't open because there weren't many of us staying at the resort when we were there.
I thought I was going to be disappointed, and I spent our first day wishing we had rented a Tree Haus, but this was before we were able to get into our condo. I really, really liked the condo, and it was a lot cheaper than the Tree Haus. It's definitely worth the money in my opinion. The early/late park entrance, the close proximity, the ability to just eat at the condo, all of it made it 100% worth the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Splash into family fun at the Resort at Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas. The Resort at Schlitterbahn intermingles the world's greatest waterpark with 211 onsite accommodations. Many rooms are so close to the action you can actually step out your door and into one of our rides. For a real family-style getaway, try one of our fully equipped vacation homes located near the waterpark. You'll find everything you need for family reunions, corporate retreats, weddings or other special gatherings - from comfy sitting areas and multiple beds to full kitchens and laundry rooms. Accommodations range from standard hotel rooms with two beds to cottages, suites and townhomes. Many units have full kitchens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your The Resort at Schlitterbahn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schlitterbahn Resort At New Braunfels Hotel New Braunfels
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark Hotel
- Hotel Schlitterbahn Waterpark
- The Resort At Schlitterbahn New Braunfels, Texas