“Convenient location for group of teens”

The Resort at Schlitterbahn
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed 1 night with a group of 6 teens on a Thursday / Friday. Check in a little slow (3 out of the 4 check in stations were manned) but once all 7 of us got our wrist bands we were able to go straight to the park. We stayed in the Condos a Boogie Bay which had enough room for all of us. Full size washer/dryer was convenient for drying suits for the next day. The room was expensive but being able to add each teen for $30 for a 2 day waterpark entrance averaged out to a little over $100 each person. We took advantage of early admission to ride the MasterBlaster and Black Knight with very short lines which was a nice perk of staying on the property. Also gave the teens a lot of freedom to come and go from the park to the room without having to leave the property. Condo showed some wear and tear but met our needs.

Room Tip: Condo 675 was quiet. RIght next to a childrens pool so no noise at night.We stayed on a week day an...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kathryn H, Director of Lodging at The Resort at Schlitterbahn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

vfg8407,

Thank you for your recent review! The location of the Boogie Bay condos is perfect for a group of teens who wish to visit the East park the majority of the time. The early ride time at Blastenhoff is also a great amenity and offers the chance to enjoy our best waterpark rides before the big crowd hits!

See you around the park -

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The resort was very nice. It has the feel of staying in an apartment ( living room, kitchen and bedroom). We were very relaxed and after a long day in the sun and water it was nice to just drive down the street to our suite. We will definitely stay there again and it will be longer than just one night. Knowing that the kitchen provided all the necessities to store and prepare meals will be very cost sufficient! Loved every bit of the stays!

leeamartinez,

Thank you for your recent review! We pride ourselves on the convenience and access to the waterpark. We have a wonderful variety of rooms and the majority have full kitchens. We hope to see again at the park! Our resort is open year round and New Braunfels has many events during the fall and spring. We'd love to see you anytime!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The agent raved about how the park was accessible to guests "one hour before and an hour later". When we went back to the park at 8 pm we were told told it closes to everyone at 8. Resort guests only have access
To a handful of pools. That was a bummer and decieving I thought.
Shower would not work.
Laundry door fell off on me. That was scAry.
A/C was super cold-worked great. Beds comfy. Pillows comfy. Great location.

2  Thank Jlewis62

Jlewis62,

Thank you for your review. Our Stay and Play package offers extended ride time at the Boogie Bahn, but not the full park. My apologies for the miscommunication on our behalf. The location cannot be beat and provides great access to the waterpark and the action. If you would like to discuss your experience further feel free to email me at khamil@schlitterbahn.com.

Hope to see you again in 2015!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

First, I would like to thank all the Trip Advisor peeps for their reviews! They provided me with valuable information and totally helped me plan and prepare for my trip to the Resort at Schlitterbahn New Braunfels. I vowed to return the courtesy of those tips by providing an assessment of my own:

Dates visited: Arrived Monday, July 7th – Checked out Wednesday, July 9th

Check-in: My husband, 3 kids (ages 10-15) and I took the three-hour drive from Houston and arrived to the Resort Check-in roughly around 11am. It was extremely busy and we must have waited in line for about 30-40 minutes. But that did not bother me- I kind of expected it and appreciated the time that each agent took with their guests explaining all the amenities of the resort. I only hoped that I would receive similar treatment and am happy to report that I was not disappointed! Sydney was LOVELY- greeted us with a SMILE , answered any questions we had, explained every move she made (even if she had to step away and retrieve a print-out she excused herself and apologized for any delay- I know this may sound standard, but in my experience, the small, seemingly standard expectations are taken for granted). I have a degree in Hotel Management (which tends to make me extremely critical- especially with guest service) and she could not have done a better job of making me feel welcomed! She is a model guest service associate and should be recognized.
We received our wristbands and headed out to enjoy the park until our room was ready which is typically at 4pm. To our surprise, our room was actually ready way earlier but since we were staying at the Schlitterstein Lofts (off property) and had rented a BBQ Cabana (Riverbend Palapa) we had no need to visit our room until the end of the day.

Recommendation to Management: Having to obtain Park wristbands each day was a little inconvenient (although I totally understand why this is standard). It would have been nice to have an agent or window dedicated to resort guests only (better yet- a separate ENTRANCE for resort guests) at least during the one hour window before the park opens (or maybe this was the case- it was hard to tell). I just felt like I was fighting through a lot of people waiting to enter the park…

Attractions: I am more familiar with Schlitterbahn Galveston but did a lot of research before coming to the Original New Braunfels location. After researching the park and reading many reviews, it became apparent to me that Schlitterbahn New Braunfels does not have any BIG slides (like Rohr or Screaming Serpents at Galveston, or Verukkt in KC- YIKES!) which worried me only because my husband and 10 year old really enjoy these types of thrill attractions. But I have to say that we spent three full days exploring both the east and west parks and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! I guess I can kind of understand why thrill-seekers would be “bored” at this park but I knew what to expect going into it and found it to be far from boring. We rode the Falls over and over- the attraction with NO LINE? What is better than that? We rode Dragon’s Revenge about 4 times- LOVED it! My thrill seekers were able to get one Master Blaster ride in (line really is too long for this attraction) which they raved about as well! Loved the Original park as well- I was so surprised how different it was compared to the East side! It had a “tiered feel”; the attractions are woven into the natural landscape; felt like there were attractions above and below us! Be prepared to do a LOT of stair climbing and ascending of inclined surfaces but it is WORTH it! And like previous reviewers warned, these attractions use river water and it is COLD!! Whitewater was fun (beware of those eddys- they are a TRAP!)

Recommendations to patrons:
• Bring footwear! The ground gets HOT! My kids thought they were too cool for water shoes and opted for flip flops which are fine if you don’t mind holding them during a ride. I personally preferred my not-so- cute shoes which made me totally oblivious to the blistering ground under me!
• Bring a picnic! It is the best money saving way to go! We did buy from the concessions as well, but how could we not indulge in a little funnel cake? 
• There is Ready Ice for sale throughout the park for your cooler (about $2.99 for a 10lb bag)

Recommendation to Management: finding a tube on the East side during peak times was frequently a challenge.

Riverbend BBQ Palapa (Cabana): I don’t regret spending the $125 on this amenity. It was really nice to have a private place to relax. We brought meat to barbecue and eat along with other snacks. The cabana is a thatched covering with a table and four chairs, two side benches and two beach chairs. It has an outlet that you may charge electronics and a ceiling fan to keep us cool. You also get a locker rental with this Cabana ($10 deposit for locker key which is returned to you) but be advised that the locker is inside the Riverbend Season Pass office (very nearby but I got the impression my locker was in my cabana). You also get complementary charcoal (the bag ignites but you may want to bring a little fuel to help bring things along) but bring your own lighter! The fee also includes nearby parking which was very convenient.
(Note: we noticed that there are other BBQ pits available for public use so you don't have to rent a Cabana to have access to a pit)

Schlitterstein Lofts: I can’t express how impressed I was with these accommodations. It was beautiful! The master bath was a dream! (except around midnight of the first night of our stay no water came out of the pipes! I called reception and he apologized and said that this happens sometimes but he was not sure why. He advised for us to just give it about 10 minutes or so and sure enough the water came back on). The balcony that looks out to the Comal is lovely! The nicest breeze would blow through at night!

I loved the full functioning kitchen and made good use of it! There are all types of prep, cooking and serving dishes, pots, plates and utensils provided. Dish soap is provided (but no dishwasher detergent or laundry detergent). Dish towels and dish cloths were also available (but no scouring pads for pots).

There is a shuttle that came every 30 min or so to transport guests to the Park, but we did not take advantage of this service and opted to use our own vehicle.

Recommendation to patrons: Please be sure to obtain two access codes at check-in- one for the gate to enter the Loft complex and one to access your front door. I would also ask for a direct phone number for after-hours guest service.

Recommendations to management:
• There are bedroom doors inside the loft with access code devices on them but no instruction on how to use them (or codes provided). We had to be very careful not to lock ourselves out of these rooms. It would be helpful to have some instruction on hand.
• Secondly, we were so confused on the parking under the loft…is it first come first serve? There are two lofts per unit (one on top of the other). We were given instruction that we could park under the loft only to find a car already parked there from the loft directly below us. We parked in the open lot (which was not a problem for us) but it was just a bit confusing and deviated from what we were told.

Conclusion:
Overall my family had a wonderful three-day, two night stay! I found the park to be clean and pretty much met my expectations. It is a wonderful place for families to connect and have fun together. One other advice I’d like to offer management is to ensure that all employees are well versed on amenities of the park. I found that I would hear different responses from different employees trying to answer the same question. No doubt they were trying to be helpful, but as a patron I would like to feel assured that I am receiving accurate information from staff. I am planning on returning in the near future with a larger group and hoping to try out the TreeHaus Suites!

Room Tip: Do your research! Acccording to previous reviews, there are some very outdated rooms on this resort...
9  Thank fampaz

fampaz,

Thank you for you recent review! I loved reading it! Sydney is an outstanding team member and I am so glad you received the wonderful service while you were visiting. We will continue to work on our processes and procedures to ensure our guests receive the service they deserve.

Hope to see you around the park!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

First off let me say I have been going to Schlitterbahn since I was 8 years old and am now in my 30s and I still love this park. We stayed at the riverbend cabins the last weekend of June and I have to say we will never go back to Schlitterbahn without staying in these cabins again. The cabins are made from reclaimed local wood , which the wife and I loved almost as much as our kids did. Even though we were not in the Treehouse rooms our kids still felt like they were in one. I thought I had reserved a one bedroom cabin but was mistaken and had reserved the studio cabins. It was a little tight for six but still completely comfortable. The rooms were extremely clean and organized. My wife remarked several times how happy she was to see so many lifeguards around and how the management was constantly checking up on the employees. The cabin we had was directly across from the slides and the view was great for the kids. I have read some negative reviews on here and I can say without a doubt that we had the best possible time staying in the newer half of the park. So keep in mind when booking rooms that the original half of the park is probably 40 years old or more. I have already reserved the 2 bedroom riverbend cabin for next summer. Thank you for delivering such a great experience for my family. See you next year

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TexasBoy32

TexasBoy32,

Thank you for your review! Our Riverbend Cabins are quite nice and offer a great location to the park! We hope to see you again in 2015.

See you around the park!

Kathryn H.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My first time at water park. Grandma always took grandkids somewhere during the summer. This year i had to step up to the plate and take her place since she passed away May 2nd. I didn't want to let the kids down by doing nothing. I believe i enjoyed the park more than the kids. We stayed 2 nights at "Stein Lofts". Sleeps 6, 2bedroom, 2bath, fold out couch, TV in every room, balcony overlooking river down below thru the trees (beautiful morning/evening scenery views), internet, WI-FI, gated housing. There is a walkway down to the river below. Clean linen daily. It worked out great with 6 kids in tow, ages 2 1/2-17. Everything worked out very well. By staying at the resort, you got daily passes, got in an hour earlier 9am for the slides and the wave roundy-round. Plus when the park closes you got to stay till midnight in some of the pools and heated pools. You are able to bring ice chest of food and drinks that helped reduce the cost of eating out into the park. With full kitchen in Lofts helped out on heating up left over food or even cooking something. AND Yes I will be back, I want to ride the big swing. None of the grandkids wanted to ride with me. LOVE the slides, heated pools, The Falls (rapids). You can drive past housing to other places to eat like steaks or fast food, nightlife clubs. great central location.

Room Tip: no complaints on rooms, master bedroom has its own balcony.
3  Thank karnackian
Stuart B, Corporate Director of Resorts at The Resort at Schlitterbahn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

karnackian,

Thank you very much for your review! Our Schlitterstein Lofts are beautiful accommodations overlooking the Comal River and great views of Surfenburg. We love to hear stories of all generations of a family having a great time. Enjoy the rest of your summer and we'll see you next year!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great family place to stay. Made it feel like home. My kids loved it. We loved hearing the water flowing right outside our bedroom. We will definitely be going back and recommending this resort to family and friends.

2  Thank Wanndy

Wanndy,

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you next year! Be sure to bring all your friends and family.