“Very unclean”

Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Crowley, Louisiana
“Very unclean”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I were driving through Texas. The first night after a long drive I went to get into the bed and the sheets were wet and it smelled like urine. Totally gross, I had to have the front desk girl change my sheets. They obviously have poor house keepers. The place needs help bad, and the owners really need to do a better job supervising their employees work. I felt dirty just being there. Do yourselves a favor and pay the extra money to stay in a cleaner place.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
selma tx
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I had a great time there so did my kids . the afternoon staff Valerie was helpful she had suggested the snake farm to take my 5yr old which wasnt far. breakfast was good warm biscuits with gravy, waffles, boiled eggs, cereal and muffins... morning staff was friendly liz and the housekeeper made sure i had clean towels .... i enjoyed my stay will come back for summer break

• Stayed January 2014
VINAY P, General Manager at Howard Johnson New Braunfels, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
I wold like to Thank you for taking the time our of schedule to let us know how we are doing. I am glad that your experience was satisfactory and it would be our pleasure to serve you again on your next trip to new braunfels. We are renovating our rooms to update them once again so, hopefully you will enjoy your stay more with us in the future. Thank you once again.
Spring Branch, Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We arrived in the middle of an ice storm, at about 10 pm, my daughter was in a cast up to her shoulder and in a lot of pain. We parked the car for the night and checked in. The night manager recognized our name on the reservation. He offered to go outside and help us carry our bags in.

The hotel was clean and comfortable and we felt safe. The room was just big enough. It was clean and up to date. The beds were comfortable.

In the morning, the front desk clerk was friendly. The breakfast bar was good enough and I was able to ask for more juice after the breakfast time had ended. The room staff all wished us good morning and good bye. What more could you ask for on the iciest day of the year in Texas!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank forevr
I am very happy that you were pleased with our service and facility. we thrive day in and day out for best experiance our guests can have. And it is nice hear a satisfaction words from our guests. Thank you, for taking the time and letting us know how we are doing. Please know that we are renovating again to update our rooms and hopefully we will see you soon on your trip to new braunfels. Looking forward to serve our best hospitality to you soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I pre-booked and pre-paid for a room here for 5 days. First impression: The night attendant brought her 3 little children? to work. They were running around the lobby and corridors and kicking our luggage - cute but got irritating after a few minutes. Finally checked in and the card reader system to access the rooms were down. Attendant tried several rooms but was not able to get me in any of them. Ended up staying across the street at a Econo Lodge (good service I should add). I returned the next morning to speak to someone about getting rein-burst. The day shift attendant explained that the system has been down for several days. It would of been very helpful if the night shift attendant would have been orientated of such issue -You think?! In any case the day time attendant was not able to help me in getting my refund. She said her manager/owner was on vacation. Umm! Who is next in charge? the attended replied "I can call his nephew but he won’t be able to assist you until the boss returns" Then why mention him in the first place O_o! Luckily the purchase was pending on my credit card and I was able to cancel payment before it went through. Thank you Capitol One! "What’s in your wallet!?"

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 4 January 2014

There were bedbugs in my bedroom and my wife had bites all over her body. We spoke with the manager and he offered us our money back for the last two nigths, they did't even help us with our reservation for those last nigths in other hotel. Bad attitude of custumer care. as I paid with creditcard, I still waiting for my money back. I know other Howard Johnson hotel alll over US and Mexico and there's a huge difference between them, I don't know how Howard Johnson risk his reputation with this Hotel at New Braunfels. I never stay in this hotel again. How can I upload pictures of those bedbugs I found in my bedroom?

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel