“disappointed”
Review of Rio Raft & Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Rio Raft & Resort
Reviewed 8 July 2012

after reading reviews i thought the campground would be really nice, not so much. from the get go our reservation was incorrect. when we checked in i was informed that the rate for the campground was only for 2 people, so everyone in our group whether they were staying there or not HAD to pay $6/person per day. it may be stated on the website, i don't remember and i sure wasn't told about it on the phone. the staff in the office was disorganized and waited on people that were in line behind on me.

the site it self was okay, there was trash and the grass needed to be cut. there aren't many shaded spots. the dumpster was overflowing.

the restrooms---yuck! by 5pm both restrooms were out of toilet paper. they were dirty and reeked of urine. by saturday both toilets were clogged up because there were no plungers in the bathroom. bring your own soap to wash your hands because they don't provide any. the showers were filthy and smelled of raw sewage.

we rented out toobs from rio raft and again we had problems with staff. the person renting the toobs had a difficult time doing simple math, then we had to argue with the person loading the toobs because he couldn't understand what we rented. needless to say all the tip jars and signs got on my last nerve. why tip when you can't do a simple job?

the only positive things i have to say is the location is great and it is a peacful quiet family campground. you are close to the lake and to major roads. i enjoy staying on this end of river road because it's not so noisy.

i won't stay here again. i was very hopeful after reading the reviews, but was very disappointed once we were here.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank alexis m
There are newer reviews for Rio Raft & Resort

Reviewed 24 June 2012

On a scale of 0-5 I rate Rio Raft Resort a 1. The only reason I give them any at all is because they had rv spots available when others didn't. Their tubes are horrible, falling apart because they use weak materials to assemble them. During rental they were very unorganized forgeting to load enough tubes causing a 2 hr wait for delivery of the forgotten tubes, but worst of all was the way the security guard and camp host treat you. I saw people getting kicked out that werent out of line at all. Do not go here unless you are 80 and sleep 20 hrs a day. Mountain breeze, ol Henry's, LL, any where but here. I've RV'd all over this state and never had a more horrible experience.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank skskeltner
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We just returned from renting Cottage #4 (King and Full bed). There were three adults and one child and the place was VERY spacious. Living room, full kitchen, deck with outside table. I especially enjoyed that we were RIGHT next to the playscape (and river) so I could sit on the deck and still keep an eye on my kiddo on the slide.

We also used the pool which was clean and the cottage was extremely clean (even when we dropped something behind the couch it didn't come back out filthy -- like it would have if I had done the same at home).

The only thing I desired was some hotel basics (towels) and since it has a kitchen, things like kitchen soap, paper towels, a coffee pot would be nice. Or maybe even some dishes/silverware like most condos offer. If I want to get really picky, I would say that the bedrooms were a bit dark, but we weren't in the rooms that much anyway.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again and the proximity to the river was AMAZING.
Thanks, Rio Raft

Room Tip: If you have kids, Cottage #4 is right next to the playscape.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Texas_Gal2010_10
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We have stayed in an RV site at Rio Raft & Resort several times and have also rented a large cabin for a family reunion. Facilities and courtesy are wonderful! We also cannot say enough good things about the wonderful view and great "walk-about space" near the Guadalupe River. Of course, the fact that we are trout fishers in our family only adds to the allure for this favorite place (of ours) to stay in the winter months.

Room Tip: Pets are allowed only during winter months and only in RVs and facilities other than cabins.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank WriterTexas
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We loved it and will be back. Their cabins were very comfortable and stocked with the necessary items and the view from the from the river front decks was terrific . The tubing on the Guadalupe river was great, the river flow was a little low but perfect for the small children. Everyone had a great time!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank psnelson
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We had seven RV spots all together and had a wonderful time. The place is clean with good river access. The staff is pleasant and there is security at night. We come the the guadalupe river a couple of times a year and this was our first stay with Rio Raft Co. We will definatley come back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TryMy6
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My wife and I took our 6 and 4 year old to Rio this year (2011) for their first river trip. I had been many times as a tent camper. We decided to rent a cabin and I wasn't sure what to expect. It was perfect. Our private patio was aprox. 150 yards from the river front. Awesome view. The room was cleaner than some hotels I've stayed at. It had every accommodation...even cable TV!
We swam in the large swimming pool a couple of times. Very clean pool.
The man at the tube rental for Rio totally hooked me up. The river was slow but honestly that's safer for the kiddos, way I see it anyway. Its quiet at night. Everyone, guests and staff were polite and friendly. Totally exceeded all expectations.
It wouldn't be an honest review if I didn't knock something so...the beds are a little stiff. That's the only negative thing I can think of.
Take your family here. You won't regret it. Ill be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2011