My husband and I have absolutely nothing nice to say about this place. He took me here on my birthday for a surprise and he was very heartbroken when we got there because he was hoping for something nice, quiet and romantic. If rat droppings on the floor, stained sheets, torn stinky carpet, mystery grudge on all the countertops, bugs in the sink, toilet and bathtub, a toilet seat that won't stay up, peeled back linoleum and loud frat parties are nice and romantic than this is the place for you. Of course the people running the place are smart, they get you to pay in advance with a min. two night stay. Needless to say, we left immediately after the first night and they charged us the full amount and would not apologize or work with us in any way. So we paid for an entire night that we were not there. The place was so disgusting that we considered sleeping in our truck halfway through the night. No one has ever made an attempt to clean this place up. Cobwebs are everywhere, the mini blinds were all broken and covered in a layer of dust and we counted ten dead flys in the window seal. If the people running this place had any kind of business sense, they would care about guest satisfaction, but they just told us "Oh well, we haven't had any complaints before, there's nothing we can do". Which I find really hard to believe unless other people just like to spend $120 a night to eat and sleep in filthy conditions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come on down and enjoy our laid-back, family owned river lodge in New Braunfels along the beautiful banks of the Guadalupe River. The Lodge is a place to let your hair down, relax, grab a cold beer and enjoy exciting activities on the river, from kayaking to tubing and rafting. Play a game of volleyball, dive into the sparkling swimming pool, or play video games on the big screen in our clubhouse. If none of that strikes your fancy, head to historic Gruene for some local shopping, enjoy our Texas flavors or people watch with a glass of Texas wine under the trees. Don't forget to check out Gruene Hall, the oldest dance hall in Texas. Later in the afternoon, back at The Lodge, relax in a hammock under the canopy of pecan and black oak trees. As night falls, the fireflies let you know that it is time for a campfire, s'mores and maybe a ghost story. Our accommodations and location are perfect for Snowbirds or Winter Texans as known by the locals. Many of our rooms have full kitchens and queen-size pillow-top beds. "It is a wonderful property with none of the cookie cutter look and feel of "today". It is a home away from home feel." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Gruene Outpost River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gruene River Outpost Hotel New Braunfels
- Gruene Outpost River Lodge New Braunfels, Texas