“Family Fun”

Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Houston
“Family Fun”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Great family vacation to this lodge. Staff very friendly and super location. Wish I could take the view with me back to Houston. My kids stayed outdoors the entire time. Pool, river, basketball courts, and picnics outside under their beautiful pecans trees, it really entertained my crew. We will go back!!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed in room 154, if you get that room look in the bathroom and make sure the holes in drywall around light switch and shower head are fixed...crickets are in walls and infest your room through those. The kids had a great time in the pool with slide and we did float to the room ($15 a person with our own tubes?!) Really could be great but you can't use your bathroom or sleep at night so....

1 Thank Jennifer A

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The past two summers I stayed at the Lodge for long weekend with friends. To me, the location is perfect and getting tubes to float the Guadalupe River could not be easier or more convenient. The tube rental staff is extremely nice. However, they are in desperate need of an extermination service in their rooms. The bathroom in our room had crickets coming out of the vent in the ceiling CONSTANTLY. We counted over 35 crickets in the bathroom over the course of our two night stay. We could not shower because the crickets fell from the ceiling while you were in there, and using the restroom was a constant struggle to avoid a cricket falling on your head.

I understand this is not a 5 star hotel and do not expect it to be. Hey, you're floating the river, it's a place to sleep when you're not lounging outside. But the bug issue was extremely excessive. If you have to keep the bathroom door shut with a towel underneath it while you're sleeping, I think there's a problem. Also, after being in the room for one day, we ran out of toilet paper and it took the staff over an hour to bring us more. The front desk staff was not very friendly when we called about the toilet paper.

Room Tip: bring Raid or something to spray your room to keep the bugs out
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MK M
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This place is wayyyy overpriced for what you get. Your high nightly rate really does not get you much but a stay in a moldy, dirty, and bug infested rooms. The grills are rusted out, the "kitchen" is worse than any college dorm room, and then you have to pay another 20 dollars to float the river. I do not understand why management or the owner does not reinvest/remodel the accommodations. I hope the owner reads this website and takes some pride in his investment.

2 Thank Citadel123
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My stay here could not be more disappointing. I am a soldier and I would rather be in the woods, no tent, and on a pile of rocks than sleep here again. I actually decided to put on pants, use a blanket in my car, and use my own pillow while staying here. I left a day early and will never again come to this dumb. The employees and manger should be ashamed. The place smells horrible, almost everything is broken, there is mold everywhere, 4 cockroaches were found in my second story room ( one crawled down my leg while sleeping) towels smelled of mold, and my sheets were dirty and had hair on them still. This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed. My giant metal box I slept in during my tours in Iraq were cleaner and nicer than this place. One of my friends stayed in her car instead of sleeping on a bed. Again, miserable and should be inspected by a health inspector. God willing, if they do get inspected, they shut this place down.

3 Thank Castagnoc123
New Jersey
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My stay was wonderful. The grounds and river brought back so many memories. The rooms need some updating but I wasn't there to stay in my room. A great time was had by all in our group. My children will have wonderful memories that will last them a lifetime! Can't wait to go back. Thanks to all the staff - they made our stay much more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Run as if from a fire, absolute dump! The price is terrible ! The rooms are nasty and not worth the money. If I could I would leave but for 300 dollars it's not worth it. I would NEVER reccommend or stay here if I had known. The pictures on the website do it no justice. It is totally inaccurate. Find somewhere else to stay !

1 Thank Alissa-leeee