We were going to stay July 2nd through July 5th. We checked out after 1 night due to all the following: the room was a sauna when we arrived (don't enter bathroom you would've had a heat stroke), there are old style box tv's with mostly Spanish channels, the photos online are NOT what it really looks like. We decided to try to make the best of it and then we found the real problems. The toilet is not level, so it makes a thump when you get up because it falls, the mattress is probably 20yrs old and creaks, groans, and is broken in the middle, and is extremely uncomfortable(we didn't get any sleep), the wifi doesn't work(it continuously disconnects), there is only 1 grill for 16 rooms, the a/c was so clogged it took 3hrs for the room to cool down(we had to peel the ac cover off in order to even feel cold air and we had to cover the windows), trains run at 4am, 5:45am, and 6:30am. If you stay in either of the 2 cabins by the office there is an extremely steep hill all the way down to the river, so 8 months pregnant, it took me 15 minutes to climb the hill to get back to my room. I would've swam in the pool but it was green and closed. The BUSIEST time for swimming it was slimy and closed. We will NEVER come back. The checkin girl was polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come on down and enjoy our laid-back, family owned river lodge in New Braunfels along the beautiful banks of the Guadalupe River. The Lodge is a place to let your hair down, relax, grab a cold beer and enjoy exciting activities on the river, from kayaking to tubing and rafting. Play a game of volleyball, dive into the sparkling swimming pool, or play video games on the big screen in our clubhouse. If none of that strikes your fancy, head to historic Gruene for some local shopping, enjoy our Texas flavors or people watch with a glass of Texas wine under the trees. Don't forget to check out Gruene Hall, the oldest dance hall in Texas. Later in the afternoon, back at The Lodge, relax in a hammock under the canopy of pecan and black oak trees. As night falls, the fireflies let you know that it is time for a campfire, s'mores and maybe a ghost story. Our accommodations and location are perfect for Snowbirds or Winter Texans as known by the locals. Many of our rooms have full kitchens and queen-size pillow-top beds. "It is a wonderful property with none of the cookie cutter look and feel of "today". It is a home away from home feel." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Gruene Outpost River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gruene River Outpost Hotel New Braunfels
- Gruene Outpost River Lodge New Braunfels, Texas