“Great place in New Braunfels”
Review of Gruene River Grill

Gruene River Grill
Ranked #4 of 271 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were visiting in San Antonio and met up with some good friends to eat dinner at the Gruene River Grill (only about a 30 minute drive). The atmosphere is wonderful, reminiscent of an old barn, done very classy, and offers great atmosphere on the Guadalupe River. We all ordered a different dish - I ordered the Jalapeno Glazed Shrimp, my husband ordered Jumbo Fried Shrimp, our friends ordered a burger (don't remember which one) and the Guadalupe Chicken. All dishes were presented well and were excellent choices. Food was deemed very good all around the table. Service was good as well. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the view. I would definitely come back to try other dishes if we visit the area again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch on a Tuesday. We thought the restaurant was very pretty. Loved the big tall door entrance and large waiting area with big book library. Restaurant is spacious with air conditioning. I mention the air conditioning because the more popular restaurant Gristmill nearby does not.

We had high hopes for our lunch once seated. Felt service was decent and presentation of food looked good. We were underwhelmed though by the taste of our food and were not completely satisfied at the end. I did enjoy the crawfish chowder very much along with the fried chess sticks. My crab cake with crawfish sauce was fishy and not very good. Husband ordered chicken fried steak. It wasn't bad but we've had much better.

Restaurant looks like it would be fun place to meet for large groups.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Sat on the patio and had great lunch celebrating my husbands birthday overlooking the river. Interesting chicken dish and mash potatoes with beans. Great and friendly service.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

New Braunfels is one of my favorite places to get away. We love it so much that we just bought a condo so that we could come visit frequently. I'd tried this place before on one of my solo trips and loved it so much I had to bring my husband and son back. They loved it! My entrée was fabulous - Jalapeno Glazed Shrimp...Yum! My son ordered the burger...which was also out of this world. What my hubby ordered escapes me....I was too busy enjoying mine to take notice...but he enjoyed his entrée as well. The décor is unique and chic. Service was wonderful. As if all those things aren't enough, the restaurant sits above and overlooks the Guadalupe River so our table had a river view! Yep...yummy food, inviting atmosphere, good service, great location...can't beat that.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Meet friends here that were visiting form out of town. The service was quick (got there before 5pm) The food was outstanding. Lovely view over the river. By the time we left it had filled up a lot. Off the beaten path but well worth going to if in the area!