“Lambs Rest Inn is heavenly!”
Review of Lamb's Rest Inn

Lamb's Rest Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 New Braunfels B&B and Inns
Dallas
“Lambs Rest Inn is heavenly!”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I just returned from an amazing weekend at Lamb's Rest Inn in Gruene. We love Gruene and have been there several times but this was our first visit to Lamb's Rest. I can't wait to return! George & Judy are wonderful hosts. The breakfast both mornings was delicious. We stayed in Quillys Antiques and it was perfect. We had our own porch that looked out on their beautiful gardens and the Guadalupe river. There is also a porch down at the river where we relaxed and enjoyed a glass of wine. Unfortunately we weren't there long enough to enjoy their pool or hot tub but they both looked wonderful. There are only 6 rooms here so it is small, quiet and peaceful. We met the other guests at breakfast each morning but otherwise I felt like we were the only people there. Our room was very clean, newly decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. I selected this room because I loved the single bed window seat. It was a wonderful spot for reading and napping on Sunday afternoon. We have stayed in many bed and breakfasts and this is at the top of my list. It is a wonderful place for couples or for girls trips. We hope to get several couples together soon and visit as a group. I also plan to return with my daughter next month. If you have never been to Gruene I highly recommend it. We floated the river, saw Michael Martin Murphy at the Gruene Dance Hall, enjoyed fantastic restaurants, visited cute shops and enjoyed being away for our busy lives.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KEBDallas
, Innkeeper at Lamb's Rest Inn, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I'll make sure George sees this, as well. It was lovely having you and your husband here with us for a weekend. It makes us very happy to read positive reviews like yours. We want all of our guests to be comfortable and welcome. It sounds like you got quite a bit done during your brief stay, although you'll have to try our pool and hot tub next time! I'm personally glad you called out our single bed window seat. I really like that we have those too. You're absolutely right - they're great for getting some reading or snoozing done.

Thank you again for your great review and recommendation. We really appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you again and meeting your daughter next month!

Best,
Judy

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed in the Mulberry room. Had a small sun room that our college student daughter stayed in. Everything is beautifully decorated and the beds are the most comfortable I have slept in. Very quiet area but close to the action in Gruene, Wimberley and New Braunfels. Right on the Guadalupe River. Great views , decks, landscaping. Very peaceful. breakfast on week end was very good. Didn 't like waiting on other guests.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
jrothell, Innkeeper at Lamb's Rest Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thank you for your review, Debbie. It was our pleasure to host you and your family back in March. I'm glad to hear you had a peaceful stay and enjoyed the Mulberry room, especially the cozy beds! We truly appreciate you taking the time to recommend our inn. The next time you need a getaway, we would love to welcome you back to the hill country!

All the best,
Hobbs, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My husband and I can to stay at the Lamb's Rest Inn for a vacation within driving distance from home. I selected this location based on reviews from tripadvisor. The pictures don't do it justice. The grounds are just so full of vegetation. There are two deck levels to oversee the river, which when we came was the temperature of bath water. I loved waking up to the smell of breakfast every morning of our stay. It was always prepared with such care. George and Judy really take care of their customers are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet! The location is just a mile from Gruene Village where there is much to do. In Gruene, its fun to see at night with the people walking the streets and the bands playing. Its great to be able to just hop in the car and leave the action for a nice, relaxing retreat back at the Lamb's Rest Inn. God bless you, George and Judy for taking care of us during our stay.

Room Tip: Rates are already great for the place you'll stay in and compared to other locations in the area...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
jrothell, Innkeeper at Lamb's Rest Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Though some months have passed, I still wanted to take a moment and thank you for the wonderful review. George and I were happy to host you and your husband last August. (By that point in the summer, it makes sense the river was so warm!) We're glad to hear you enjoyed exploring the Guadalupe and Gruene Village as much as you did relaxing around the inn. Thank you for your compliments to our gourmet breakfast! We do take a lot of care with the breakfasts, from the fresh fruit and breads to the day's entree. It's nice to hear the lovely smells could coax you out of a lovely sleep!

Thanks again for your review. No matter how much time goes by, we'll always appreciate you sharing your experience and recommending our inn to fellow travelers. Hopefully we can have you back again soon!

Warm regards,
Spring, TX
Reviewed 13 August 2011

3 friends and I had a girls trip long weekend at the Lambs Rest. We stayed in the Buttertub suite. I picked the sleeping alcove, and I loved it. The food is amazing, the multi level deck is peaceful and has a beautiful view. You won't regret your stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
jrothell, Innkeeper at Lamb's Rest Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thank you for the kind review! It was a joy to have you and your girlfriends back in 2010. The alcove in the Buttertub suite is cozy, isn't it? The next time you all need to getaway for some quality time, we hope you'll come back and see us at Lamb's Rest.

All the best,
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Thanks to George & Judy,
They have an amazing place, great food, incredible grounds. We all had such an excellent time. Even bought the bed sheets..OMG...So comfy & soft....It was my best buy of the weekend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Danieelee1991
jrothell, Innkeeper at Lamb's Rest Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
You are most welcome. And thank you for your compliments to our inn, the yard and gardens, the fresh breakfasts, and of course -- the bed sheets! I hope you're still enjoying them. We take our guests' comfort seriously here at Lamb's Rest!

Hopefully we can welcome you and your girlfriends back again. The back porch is waiting.

Thanks very much,
hillcountrytexas
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Was a birthday get away for my guy -- everything was just the best -- we enjoyed lots
of privacy, a luxurious comfortable room, sat outside both evening and morning
enjoying the river view and sounds, and the birds (including a beautiful owl!) and the stars and the fragrance of the abundant flowers. Breakfast was very tasty, the inn is
spotless! and the bed the most comfortable I have ever had at a B & B! Just around
the corner from Gruene for music, shopping and such. We did a canoe ride the next
day on the Guadalupe from the Rockin R outfitters and had a great time and good
service as well. Very special place!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We were there last year and loved our stay. The inn is absolutely beautiful and breakfast was fabulous. We loved the deck over the river and our comfy cozy room. The area is great for eating, shopping, entertainment and outdoor adventures. We fished, shopped, floated the river, and ate some great meals. Judy and George were very hospitable. I hope we can go back sometime.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple