“Fantastic Girl's Weekend”
Review of Lamb's Rest Inn

Lamb's Rest Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 New Braunfels B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Seven of us spent the weekend here to celebrate a birthday among us girlfriends- and every one of us was taken away with the beauty of the site, the fabulously gracious hosts and the scrumptous breakfasts that had us asking for recipes. The location is private and quiet- overlooks the river and you can watch people float by. For those who need to stay out of the sun, there are areas to sit outside and not be in the sun. It was a magical weekend for us and I highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marie M
jrothell, Innkeeper at Lamb's Rest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Marie,

Thanks so much for your review and recommendation! Any time we can contribute to a "magical weekend" it makes us very happy. We're glad you and your girlfriends had such a good time with us - it's incredibly humbling. I'll be sure the whole staff sees your kind words. Thanks again!

There are newer reviews for Lamb's Rest Inn

Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is the place, nice, clean, quiet, great breakfast, private. We stayed two nights here and enjoyed the pool, hottub, garden and river front pier. They made us feel really special.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheLyonsGroup

TheLyonsGroup,

Thank you very much for your review. I'll pass this review onto our staff, too. It's our mission to provide a comfortable, relaxing stay for all of our visitors. I'm glad you were able to enjoy a lot of our amenities, like the pool, hot tub and riverfront pier. Thanks again for giving us a shot - we're so happy you had a lovely time!

Best,

Reviewed 7 June 2012

This will be our third time to stay at this amazing b&b tucked away on the river in Gruene, Texas. Not only are the gourmet breakfasts hands down, but the grounds and accommodations are the ultimate and worth every penny. The innkeepers are very professional and friendly to say the least and you just want to give them hug upon your departure. this will be our destination for many years to come for a quick getaway from the hustle and bustle of Houston.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

You're always welcome here! We're honored to be your escape from the hustle and bustle. George and I love to hear that; it's exactly the getaway we want to provide. It's especially nice to hear that you love the breakfasts. (The chocolate chip cookies aren't too bad for an afternoon snack, either!)

Thank you very much -- for your return visits, your kind words, and for taking the time to share your recommendation with fellow travelers! We can't say how much we appreciate it. Look forward to welcoming you back for years to come!

Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I just returned from an amazing weekend at Lamb's Rest Inn in Gruene. We love Gruene and have been there several times but this was our first visit to Lamb's Rest. I can't wait to return! George & Judy are wonderful hosts. The breakfast both mornings was delicious. We stayed in Quillys Antiques and it was perfect. We had our own porch that looked out on their beautiful gardens and the Guadalupe river. There is also a porch down at the river where we relaxed and enjoyed a glass of wine. Unfortunately we weren't there long enough to enjoy their pool or hot tub but they both looked wonderful. There are only 6 rooms here so it is small, quiet and peaceful. We met the other guests at breakfast each morning but otherwise I felt like we were the only people there. Our room was very clean, newly decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. I selected this room because I loved the single bed window seat. It was a wonderful spot for reading and napping on Sunday afternoon. We have stayed in many bed and breakfasts and this is at the top of my list. It is a wonderful place for couples or for girls trips. We hope to get several couples together soon and visit as a group. I also plan to return with my daughter next month. If you have never been to Gruene I highly recommend it. We floated the river, saw Michael Martin Murphy at the Gruene Dance Hall, enjoyed fantastic restaurants, visited cute shops and enjoyed being away for our busy lives.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KEBDallas
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you so much for your review! I'll make sure George sees this, as well. It was lovely having you and your husband here with us for a weekend. It makes us very happy to read positive reviews like yours. We want all of our guests to be comfortable and welcome. It sounds like you got quite a bit done during your brief stay, although you'll have to try our pool and hot tub next time! I'm personally glad you called out our single bed window seat. I really like that we have those too. You're absolutely right - they're great for getting some reading or snoozing done.

Thank you again for your great review and recommendation. We really appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you again and meeting your daughter next month!

Best,
Judy

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed in the Mulberry room. Had a small sun room that our college student daughter stayed in. Everything is beautifully decorated and the beds are the most comfortable I have slept in. Very quiet area but close to the action in Gruene, Wimberley and New Braunfels. Right on the Guadalupe River. Great views , decks, landscaping. Very peaceful. breakfast on week end was very good. Didn 't like waiting on other guests.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
jrothell, Innkeeper at Lamb's Rest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for your review, Debbie. It was our pleasure to host you and your family back in March. I'm glad to hear you had a peaceful stay and enjoyed the Mulberry room, especially the cozy beds! We truly appreciate you taking the time to recommend our inn. The next time you need a getaway, we would love to welcome you back to the hill country!

Reviewed 14 August 2011

My husband and I can to stay at the Lamb's Rest Inn for a vacation within driving distance from home. I selected this location based on reviews from tripadvisor. The pictures don't do it justice. The grounds are just so full of vegetation. There are two deck levels to oversee the river, which when we came was the temperature of bath water. I loved waking up to the smell of breakfast every morning of our stay. It was always prepared with such care. George and Judy really take care of their customers are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet! The location is just a mile from Gruene Village where there is much to do. In Gruene, its fun to see at night with the people walking the streets and the bands playing. Its great to be able to just hop in the car and leave the action for a nice, relaxing retreat back at the Lamb's Rest Inn. God bless you, George and Judy for taking care of us during our stay.

Room Tip: Rates are already great for the place you'll stay in and compared to other locations in the area...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Though some months have passed, I still wanted to take a moment and thank you for the wonderful review. George and I were happy to host you and your husband last August. (By that point in the summer, it makes sense the river was so warm!) We're glad to hear you enjoyed exploring the Guadalupe and Gruene Village as much as you did relaxing around the inn. Thank you for your compliments to our gourmet breakfast! We do take a lot of care with the breakfasts, from the fresh fruit and breads to the day's entree. It's nice to hear the lovely smells could coax you out of a lovely sleep!

Thanks again for your review. No matter how much time goes by, we'll always appreciate you sharing your experience and recommending our inn to fellow travelers. Hopefully we can have you back again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2011

3 friends and I had a girls trip long weekend at the Lambs Rest. We stayed in the Buttertub suite. I picked the sleeping alcove, and I loved it. The food is amazing, the multi level deck is peaceful and has a beautiful view. You won't regret your stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you for the kind review! It was a joy to have you and your girlfriends back in 2010. The alcove in the Buttertub suite is cozy, isn't it? The next time you all need to getaway for some quality time, we hope you'll come back and see us at Lamb's Rest.