My husband, daughters & I unexpectedly had to stay overnight in New Brawnsfels and ended up at the Econo Lodge very late at night. Within an hour of getting into our room the a/c unit began a VERY LOUD screeching noise. I called to front desk & asked to be moved to another room.....they said they were sold out & our room was last one left. So, I asked if they had a repair person to come look at the unit...the guy said no but he could come take a look....I asked if he could repair it & he said no .....so what good would it do for him to come to our room??? I asked to check us out of hotel....he said he would but we would not refund us!! No refund?? We had been in the room an hour?? My husband worked on stopping he noise off & on all night.....it would stop long enough for us to fall asleep(about 30 min) then would screech again!!! It was the most miserable night of sleep at a hotel we have ever had!! We even tried to sleep without the a/c but it was over 100 degrees!!
When morning finally came I went downstairs to visit with the manager about a room credit for the lost nights sleep....we were offered $10!!! I said you have got to be kidding me & told him my husband would be down to talk to him about the problems with he ac unit.
When my husband & I came back down....no manager....we asked to speak to him....he was "unavailable" but they were able to reach him on phone. He told the poor guy working the desk who was as lost & obviously had never checked anyone out to give us the $10 credit. When my credit card was run after a 20 min process the $10 credit was not applied. The guy was struggling to figure out how to fix it for another 10 min.
At this point I allowed the lady behind me to go ahead since it looked like it was gonna take a while. She proceeded to check out & they OVERBILLED her by $40.....then trying to check her out the guy double billed her so it was $80 then he could not correct it.....another 30 minutes....still not fixed....the lady ended up just leaving!
We were back to check out....got manager back on phone....at this point we had stood approx an hour with NO SLEEP.....EXTREMELY upsetting.....the manager went ahead and gave $20 discount....PLEASE....REALLY??? After all we went through. UGH! WE WILL NEVER STAY AT ECONO LODGE AGAIN!!!!!!
There were 3 different people who all had he manager on line at different times trying to check us out & another lady.....the manager would not show his face.....AWFUL!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Econo Lodge Inn & Suites New Braunfels is a new construction hotel that opened for 2008 and offers the amenities you are looking for. It is a 100% smoke free hotel and offers a free breakfast, outdoor pool with heated spa, free high speed internet, fitness center, and guest laundry. The rooms all have microwaves and refrigerators. The hotel is conveniently located near several food outlets and all of the New Braunfels water attractions including Schlitterbahn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Inn & Suites New Braunfels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge New Braunfels
- New Braunfels Econo Lodge
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites New Braunfels Texas