“Excellent steak”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Ordered the porterhouse steak with mushrooms and it was perfectly cooked. My wife had the chicken fried steak and it was also excellent. Great overall dining experience in a casual atmosphere. Prices are reasonable and service was great. Had the fried mushrooms for an appetizer and the portion size was large and mushrooms were yummy—not sure if they were hand breaded or frozen, but either way they were delicious. Servers were friendly and very courteous and all of our drink glasses were continuously refilled. Was too full for desert.

2  Thank AggieDiver86

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We decided to have steak one evening while vacation and decided to try Montana's Mike Steakhouse. We were a little disppointed in food. It seems like bacon is added to everything from the salad to baked potatoe and they even wrap the filet mignon in bacon. I orded the filet mignon and it was burnt on the both sides. I can't figure it out as I ordered it medium. It also lacked flavor, as I had to drown it in steak sauce. Maybe they were having an off night.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We had just got into town after a 10 hr. drive. We checked into our hotel and were ready to unwind. Just a few blocks from the hotel was this steakhouse. Decided to give it a try and were glad we did. The service was good, every one was very polite and pleasant and the food was good. My husbands steak was cooked to perfection,(unusual in most places) my catfish (always my first meal when arriving in TX) also very good and the beer was very cold. Great start to our stay in Texas hill country.

1  Thank Stevi C
Sophia C, Manager at Montana Mike's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Welcome to town and thanks so much for your review! Thrilled to hear you enjoyed you and your husband enjoyed your meal. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in town. Safe travels!

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Excelent service, all young polite waiters that helped us a lot choosing our meals. Steaks are excellent and very we'll cooked, the salads just ok.
Will return!

1  Thank vickcharrito
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Service took forever and they were not too busy, drink was ok but way too sweet, I ordered a steak and she left without asking me how I wanted it cooked and when I got it it was practically bleeding, I had to send it back (I'm a thik pink line) kinda girl but when they brought it back it was very good! Probably could have found a better place!