I had always wanted to visit this tennis camp/ranch since hearing about it years ago. I was not disappointed when I finally did. The level of instruction and the passion of the instructors was high. It seem that with almost every ball they hit you the coaches provided some tip or advice. I also liked how the instructors mingled with the campers and sat with us at meals. The week I attended had a lower number of guests/campers and of all different abilities. I thought the instructors did a good job of accommodating everyone's skill level.
I enjoyed the atmosphere of the tennis ranch. It has a relaxed, authentic feel. While it's not a fancy resort, the condo I stayed in fit my needs and it was nice to have a fridge to store some food and beer. The week package is also a good value given it includes tennis, housing, and food. The meals fit my needs and most of the dinners were tasty and some Tex-Mex style, with the breakfasts and lunches good enough. I liked the buffet style for all the means, as I don't like to wait when I'm hungry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1968, by tennis Legend, John Newcombe, the Tennis Ranch has evolved into one of the premier tennis destinations in the world. Nestled in the rolling Hill Country of Texas, the Ranch offers year-round junior tennis camps, adult tennis vacations, a world class tennis academy and fantasy camps with tennis legends. The Ranch is a totally unique tennis environment that can be enjoyed by everyone at all levels. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, there’s a program here for you! In addition to tennis, the Ranch offers corporate team building, adventure camps and meetings and special events. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- John Newcombe`s Tennis Ranch Hotel New Braunfels
- John Newcombes Tennis Hotel
- John Newcombe's Tennis Ranch New Braunfels, Texas