“Not fancy, but always clean, bright, safe” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston New Caney

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston New Caney
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Caney
Austin, United States
“Not fancy, but always clean, bright, safe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I like La Quinta hotels, and always look for them because they're always clean and affordable. I was in town for a friend's wedding. It was just what I needed. The staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast was good, and overall I had a good experience.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I came to town to visit a sick relative, was planning to visit and then drive 3 hours back home. Sadly my uncle passed away, so at 2 am I called this hotel, hoping to find a room. They did have one thankfully- I spoke with Rachel at the front desk, explaining my reason for needing the room. This lady could not have been any friendlier to deal with or speak to. She quoted me an excellent price for the room, and was sympathetic to the loss of my loved one. She even helped us to gather needed toiletries that I didn't know I needed until I arrived to check in.
The hotel was in excellent shape, and immaculately clean. They serve a hot breakfast, which I was unable to visit due to meeting family members elsewhere- but everything looked hot, fresh, and delicious. I was sorry to miss out.
There is construction going on in front of the hotel, but please don't let this deter you from staying here, with a couple quick turns for a detour you will be right back to Hwy 59.
I highly recommend this hotel and most especially Rachel. When I return to the area- this is where I will be staying.

Stayed July 2014
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel offers clean and comfy rooms with a friendly and helpful staff at the front desk. The pool has a nice small Jacuzzi that is actually hot. AC and TV worked fine in the rooms. Wi-Fi was reliable and met our needs.

Even though breakfast is nothing special, it is typical for La Quinta and does the job to feed you, but ends at 9am. This is earlier than other La Quintas 10am end time. For those who want to sleep in, La Quintas’ breakfasts overall in their hotels are not of the quality to warrant getting up for it.

Out of the hotel’s control, there is construction on the nearby ramp making getting onto route 59 a bit of a chore, but easy once you learn the way. Nearby, Fat Boys restaurant has great food. Also, a short drive on the loop road is Pete’s Burgers, a real great find and place to eat. Stores are a short drive also, including groceries etc.

We stayed at La Quinta Kingwood and found this New Caney La Quinta hotel, which is about 14 minutes away, to be less expensive and overall much better service, better attitude etc. This is our second stay at this La Quinta and will stay here again next time when in the area.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great Hotel . Clean and Comfortable. Return Rewards Program Questionable.
Im experiencing complications that are very aggrivating due to collecting rewards on the return
program. .Customer Service Questionable

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Friendly staff, clean, honest and overall good value for the money. The breakfast menu could be spruced up. The morning breakfast bar needed to have water added to the menu, genuine sausage gravy and soft biscuits like mama's. The biscuits I thought were made by Hartz and were dog chews.

Park Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel was super clean. It seemed as if it was fairly new construction as of the date of my visit, which was July of 2014. It has high ceilings which I am a big fan of and which made the room feel larger than it actually was.

The WIFI worked very well which is important for me as a business traveler. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were clean and comfortable and the pillows were very comfortable also. There were plenty of large clean towels in the bathroom.

There is a road construction project going on right by this hotel which made it a bit difficult to get to the first time, the GPS tried to send me a way that no longer exists. Once I figured out how to get there though, it was easier when I left and returned a few times. The only slightly negative thing I can say is that the breakfast was only ok in my opinion. There was no premade oatmeal like at most hotels and the packets of oatmeal to make your own only had the sugar filled flavored ones and no plain oatmeal. But I eat super healthy and maybe sugar and flavor filled oatmeal, along with greasy sausage and pastries sounds like a perfect breakfast for you, just my opinion.

I am very particular when it comes to the conditions in a hotel, and overall it was a great experience and I would recommend it if you are looking for a clean comfortable place to stay. All of the other hotels I saw in the area at the price I paid for this room, weren't nearly as nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Overall ok experience. Did have kids about 11:00 pm that didn't have proper supervision (shouting in the hall, letting door slam) for a few minutes. Pet policy meant that was some barking early morning. But essentially got what I paid for. Clean room, adequate breakfast. Staff was personable and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Kingwood Medical
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Kingwood
Hampton Inn Houston/Humble-Airport Area
Comfort Suites Humble Houston North

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston New Caney? Share your experiences!