“Cockroaches and Dirty Sheets”

La Quinta Inn Odessa
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had driven 10 hours by the time I got to my room I was too tired to complain since I would have had to get the kids in the car and drive to the office. I slept on top of the blankets and sheets as they were either stained or really had bodily fluids I'm not sure. There was a sticky body fluid on the carpet by the bed I put a towel over. I saw a 1 inch cockroach crawl across the table and when my cat crawled up inside the box spring I lifted the bed up to get her out and found 6 dead ones under the bed. The hotel is old and not modernized at all. Not kept clean and obviously not sprayed for bugs either. This stay was June 6, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mistyp2
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Odessa

A La Quinta traveler
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hotel was centrally located to our activities and meetings. Hotel staff was friendly and efficient. Due to high occupancy all hotels in this region are higher priced than average. Our experience in other hotels direct us to this La Quinta every time.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I travel out of Austin for work. I have stayed all over Texas and this is one of the worst hotels I have been too. There are almost no positives so I will list the negatives.
-The carpet is very thin with uneven cement underneath. This actually hurts my feet.
-The shower was not installed correctly so it buckles as you step in it and as you walk. It ruins taking a shower.
-The rooms have outisde entrances so you can hear everything.
-It has a lot of oil field workers stay here. They are loud and very rude. Yelling, talking and revving their engines at all hours of the night.
-The breakfast is pathetic even by La Quinta standards.
-The towels were not white and smelled dirty.
-The bed buckled and moved.
-The shower was dirty.

I will avoid Odessa altogether in the future because of this experience. If come here again I will make my own reservations and be very slective to avoid the oil field workers.

1  Thank LeeB7700
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Rooms are very old and outdated. The grounds were trashy literally with trash and dog poop. The price was high compared to other hotels but I am sure that is due to the oil boom. All entry is from the parking lot.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The only thing positive about this La Quinta hotel was the front desk clerk. The room was very small and had an unsanitary unrecognizable stench possibly molded nasty carpets. The bed mattress was completely wore out. The bath room was very old. The tub had a non stick mat that was rip up and unsanitary. The toilet seat was just as bad. The property grounds was trashy. Maintenance and housekeeping tools and supplies where left out on the parking area. We have never stayed at a la Quinta hotel like this one before and we have never had to pay this much money for a night stay in such a nasty place. We check out and found a neighboring hotel with better amenities and clean.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms before you check in
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Hotel is very old, all rooms accessed from the outside, front desk staff distracted, breakfast selection is extremely limited and the room was priced very high (probably because of the limited selection of rooms in the area)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business