“Horrible Location and Way Overpriced!”

La Quinta Inn Odessa
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
“Horrible Location and Way Overpriced!”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I paid $125 for a room with 2 double beds for my daughter and I and I expected a lot more for that price! For one, I didn't expect a motel but a hotel. If I wanted to stay in a run down motel, like this one, I would have paid half of that and just stayed at a Motel 6. Second, there is a train that runs right next to the motel at all hours of the day and night. I'm a light sleeper a d that doesn't make for a good night's rest at all! Third, all of the rooms on the bottom floor are smoking. I was 30 weeks pregnant at the time and had to carry all of our stuff up the stairs, with my 2 year old daughter, by myself to our room. That's not exactly what I want to do if I'm paying that outrageous price. I don't suggest you ever stay here! I would go down the road to the Days Inn where is an actual hotel for less of the price!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank terramclain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Good staff, if you just need a room to stay in then this is a good hotel. I travel a lot and like more of a comfortable stay with a room with lots of space to work at night and a nicer bathroom and furniture and workout space. A good breakfast is also important to me and this hotel just has very basic food.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

First off when it says Inn run away lol we really like to use this hotel for our business trips but never stayed at an Inn before. The room looked comfortable when we parked outside the door. The bathroom was suppose to be all white but the paint was peeling, black mold on the ceiling, and the water was way too hot. I'm so glad I didn't bring my daughter on this trip... that shower would of hurt her. After we get ready to sleep, turn of the lights, we feel like we are getting abducted by aliens because of all the lights we are surrounded with. Microwave clock, beside clock, tv, and air conditioner light. .. whew it's allot. Then we notice the air conditioner is not continuous. .. it shuts on and off every 5 mins. Annoying. Plus it's said 60 degrees but it felt more like 70 degrees. Oh I almost forgot the clicking. The fridge has a sensor that clicks all night long lol couldn't get past that noise at all. Finally after fighting to sleep all night we were awaken by the hotels own staff talking outside our door complaining about another room they had to clean. Anyways we tried.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank mistybooker .

Travellers are raving about these Odessa hotels

Oro Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First of all,most all the hotels in Odessa are over priced.You are paying extra for all the oil industry in the area.You can smell the oil wells just about everywhere you go.The rooms are average and their is traffic in and out of the hotel at all hours.Front desk staff is nice and beds were comfortable and flat screen TV was nice.Bathroom was dirty I guess in part to all the oil workers who stayed their before.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had read all reviews for this hotel before my stay so I was not expecting the Ritz. I have no complaints about the staff or the overall cleanliness, I think I paid a fair price for Odessa plus the hotel provided me with what I needed, a clean room and a good night’s sleep, I got both :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Malcolm B
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is OVERPRICED, shabby, unclean, in a terrible location...in other words, a bad value in every respect. The breakfast, if you can call it that, was unappetizing in every way. It has completely turned us off to LaQuinta for future stays. Until now, stays at LaQuinta have always been pleasant experiences.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple