“An almost perfect stay let down by a couple of things.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Odessa
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“An almost perfect stay let down by a couple of things.”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We arrived at the Holiday inn in Odessa at about 4pm on Saturday 13th April to be greeted by a very cheery reception guy who did all he could to ensure we were looked after. We were given a very nice room on the third floor in a very clean and well maintained facility. We were directed to a restaurant nearby for the evening meal and breakfast was as with most Holiday inns very good buffet. The only things that let it down from a perfect score were the fact that the internet was not working correctly either at night or first thing in the morning, the night problem was corrected but the early morning one was not. The outdoor pool and spa were dirty possibly related to the less than hot weather. Also when booking the hotel it showed a $20 per person surcharge which was removed when we arrived. However the charge for one night on a weekend was over $200 with tax which rates as one of the highest charges I have ever encountered at a Holiday Inn Express which as a platinum club member and ICH shareholder was somewhat surprising.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor no noise and a very good nights sleep.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 8 April 2013

First off, the hotel is new, clean, and very well decorated in modern, dark decor. The clerk that checked us in and greeted us in the afternoons was fantastic. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked both days. The location was simple to find. However, our group encountered a large problem at checkout. The clerk refused to give us receipts for our rooms (I was with 3 colleagues). Puzzled, I had never encountered this. I enquired why and got a strange answer to the effect of "I can't give receipts to those that book through travel agencies." This was entirely new to me. It was early and I was not in the mood to argue with a clerk. I quickly replied that I'd just view my receipt online via my Priority Club profile. I added in a quip about staying in many hotels booked by the company travel agent and NEVER having this problem. My colleagues weren't so reserved and later called the manager of the property to complain. The manager apologized and emailed us our receipts saying this was not hotel policy to not give receipts.

I received a nearly $300/night receipt, which was shocking, and then I learned the hotel's rates are dictated by the oil industry in the region. So, if you have to stay in Odessa and you're not connected to the oil industry - good luck. It's rare to get rooms available in a block and you'll pay a premium for them. Otherwise, it's a nice property...and I'm guessing you'll now have no issues getting your receipt!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stayed here for a week - very friendly staff - rooms clean and comfortable. The place is very pricey due to the supply n demand in the Odessa area - 300 bucks a night.....other than that we really enjoyed our stay and would return. The hotel Manager was very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this Holiday Inn Express. I came down with a flu bug mid-week, while working, and stayed in my room for about 28 straight hours. Staff are very personable and friendly. I would recommend to anyone who can plan their trip several weeks in advance, because that's what it takes to get a room here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian H
San Angelo, Tx
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This hotel has great friendly staff all around. I was especially pleased with the staff working the breakfast area in the mornings. Rooms were very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. I will definitely stay here again in the future if available.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Enjoyed our stay. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Check-in was easy thanks to John the hotel manager. The rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was good and filling. Will stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2012

great location great staff - the staff actually double checked to make sure I had everything I needed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business