“Not the worst...”

Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Longview, Texas
“Not the worst...”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

It's an average hotel in an area that is overpriced and over populated due to the oil field boom. It's a good value for the price. There are nicer hotels in the area, if available. But not for this price. Nice, accommodating staff. Good selection for breakfast.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This was my second time staying there. After checking in, my keys did not work. I went back down to front desk and had them rekey my card. Still did not work. Finally, after 2 attempts, they were keyed correctly. When asked about packages, Devesha was extremely unprofessional and acted as if I was a bother to help. She had attitude and exchanged words with me. All other staff was extremely nice, polite and professional. But Devesha was NOT and was a poor representation of the hotel and brand.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank JustYourStyle
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Overall this was a great stay. Pet rooms on the first floor. Clean and big room 116. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh. The staff was cheery and helpful. The only snag in a great stay was this: when I was checking in, the front desk gave me keys to a room, that when we entered it, appeared as if someone was occupying the room. The TV was on, towels on the floor, beds unmade. I returned to the front desk and the attendant was very apologetic and appalled at what we found. She quickly rectified the problem. Lots of outside grassy area for dog walking.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Norridge, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Apparently the hotels that carry the Comfort Suites name are inconsistent in quality, with this one being on the low end. Front desk clerk seemed bothered by having to check us in. Was told if TV in room didn't work give it a few minutes to warm up then "jiggle it". This was my first clue it was not top of the line. Hotel looked tired and worn as did the room. Pool was closed for renovations and we were not told this on the website or on check-in. Hot breakfast was provided and seemed tasty at the time, but my teenage son had me pull off the highway about ten minutes after eating and became violently ill. I would NOT recommend this particular hotel to others and have become leery of Comfort Suites after this stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kawill
Pahrump, Nevada
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I could not recommend this facility to anyone simply because the management is incapable of treating travellers with respect.

Rooms were fine - place is nice - staff was working very hard.

On a cross country trip this was the most expensive room (including Arlington, VA).

That being said, the fact that management had a single employee on the front desk to check in an excess of 50 travellers was reprehensible. It wasn't like management was not aware that the motel was booked and when they would be arriving.

One hour and 30 minutes standing in the lobby awaiting check in was management's error, not the hard working staff at the front desk.

There were workers installing tile down one hall near the front desk - and that was the location of the ice maker. The front desk clerk left the desk to get ice for the traveller because it was unsafe for the traveller to proceed down the hall.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Texarkana, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This motel is very nice. The staff were very friendly and greeted us as soon as we came in. The rooms were very clean and the furniture they have in there is very nice and clean. We stayed only one night and we left with a pleasant experience but this motel went over and beyond. we had been sitting in the hotel parking lot arranging luggage. Well the housekeeper comes and knocks on our window and says what room were yall in I replied 308 . She says yall left this behind out of her pocket she pulled out my diamond necklace. After shedding a few tears and I was VERY thankful for this young lady. I was so overwhelmed I forgot to get her name. But thanks again you have definitely gained a lifetime customer!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This Comfort Inn in Odessa,TX is located off interstate 20 less than 10 miles from the Midland International Airport. We stayed here the night before our flight one Monday morning in April.
This must be a fairly new Comfort Inn as all areas were spotless including not only our rooms, but also the lobby and dinning area. The deskclerks were oh so friendly. We even got a call from the desk to see if our rooms met our expectations and to see if we had any needs.
The complimentary breakfast was the usually Comfort Inn fare, but was hot and tasty.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends