“Nice hotel, too bad the staff not so much!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Odessa

Comfort Inn & Suites Odessa
Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Dallas, Texas
“Nice hotel, too bad the staff not so much!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I had two reservations, one with the same checkout date as my arrival date. I was told I would to pack my bags (after being there 6 nights), check out by 11am and then check in after 3pm into a different room, even though paying same rate, unbelievable. Obviously I checked out by 11am, but found a new hotel. Then because I told the front desk to cancel my reservations 2 days in advance, but booked originally online, I was charged a no-show because I needed to cancel online, because I made online...are these people crazy or what? Take care of your guests, not your policies!!!

Room Tip: Just stay away...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank greekguy951
TXA97, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Odessa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Sir;

On behalf of Choice Hotels, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at the Comfort In & Suites of Odessa, Texas.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. I am addressing the issue with my staff to ensure that this will not happen again to you or any of our future guest.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Thank you.

Tanisha Lewis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our car broke down in Odessa. The prices were expensive for Comfort Suites. That is because the oil companies rent so many rooms Sunday through Friday. We arrived in a tow truck. Because our car would not be repaired for over a week, we elected to fly home. The assistant manager, offered to store many of the items we couldn't take on the plane until we flew back, including food items. She really made a bad situation more endurable. And the item were ready and waiting when we picked them up and continued on our journey.

The evening clerks were not as helpful, but the assistant manager more than made up for them. The rooms were clean, adequate and restful. Because we were in the middle of the week, the prices were high.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Charging over 200.00 for a modest hotel, very near the highway, just because most for your customers are business related is shameful. If this hotel were located anywhere else it would be under 100.00. The staff is very nice and the rooms are clean. This is not there fault. This is pure greed. Drive on by and find something else priced more fairly.

Room Tip: Not on the highway side. Very noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jbergvt
TXA97, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Odessa, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
We do apologize for your recent stay here at the Comfort Inn & Suites. Unfortunately, our prices are set at a standard rate. We do offer discounts for CHOICE PRIVILEGE Members as well as triple AAA along with a few others. We are here to make your stay more exceptional than any other hotel in the area. We do thank you for the kind words for our staff and rooms. We do enjoy having our average traveler as well as our business travelers. We thank you and hope to see you in the near future.

Management

Travellers are raving about these Odessa hotels

Longview, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

It's an average hotel in an area that is overpriced and over populated due to the oil field boom. It's a good value for the price. There are nicer hotels in the area, if available. But not for this price. Nice, accommodating staff. Good selection for breakfast.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This was my second time staying there. After checking in, my keys did not work. I went back down to front desk and had them rekey my card. Still did not work. Finally, after 2 attempts, they were keyed correctly. When asked about packages, Devesha was extremely unprofessional and acted as if I was a bother to help. She had attitude and exchanged words with me. All other staff was extremely nice, polite and professional. But Devesha was NOT and was a poor representation of the hotel and brand.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank JustYourStyle
Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Overall this was a great stay. Pet rooms on the first floor. Clean and big room 116. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh. The staff was cheery and helpful. The only snag in a great stay was this: when I was checking in, the front desk gave me keys to a room, that when we entered it, appeared as if someone was occupying the room. The TV was on, towels on the floor, beds unmade. I returned to the front desk and the attendant was very apologetic and appalled at what we found. She quickly rectified the problem. Lots of outside grassy area for dog walking.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Norridge, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Apparently the hotels that carry the Comfort Suites name are inconsistent in quality, with this one being on the low end. Front desk clerk seemed bothered by having to check us in. Was told if TV in room didn't work give it a few minutes to warm up then "jiggle it". This was my first clue it was not top of the line. Hotel looked tired and worn as did the room. Pool was closed for renovations and we were not told this on the website or on check-in. Hot breakfast was provided and seemed tasty at the time, but my teenage son had me pull off the highway about ten minutes after eating and became violently ill. I would NOT recommend this particular hotel to others and have become leery of Comfort Suites after this stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family