“I don't recommend this place to anyone!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Odessa North
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Although the room was clean, the lamp over the table and chairs didn't work, the bathroom door would not latch closed, and the pipes under the vanity sink were leaking into the carpet. The shower head was old and had lots of rust on it where it attaches to the wall and the tiles in the shower had what appeared to be mildew in betweeen them.
I wish I had better hotels to choose from on the night of my stay however they were all booked up. This hotel has potential but not without some serious updating. I felt just sick that I had to pay in excess of $200. for the night's stay due to a lack of other hotels in the area being available for booking. Room 228 wasn't worth half that.
I will not stay in a La Quinta in the future for fear that they are all comparable to the Odessa hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
lq6360gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Odessa North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

I am sorry to here about your experience. However, after reading your post a second time, I questioned at which property in Odessa you stayed. Because we are under 2 years old, your comments about the rusty shower really took me aback. Also, we have no carpet in our bathrooms. I checked our guest history, but found only one company that has had room 228 occupied throughout the month of February. At LaQuinta Inn & Suites Odessa North, it is our goal to make sure that every guest has an unforgettable, positive experience. I apologize that your last experience at LaQuinta did not meet that goal.

Candi Gordon
Regional General Manager
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Odessa North

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Odessa North

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have stayed here for the past two years and have endured a steady decline in housekeeping service, front desk staff, and overall condition of the facility. Housekeeping never ceased to amaze me on how bad they could get. My room was not made up during the day, dirty laundry from the previous room occupant left in the room, bathroom not cleaned, inside of shower curtain dirty from pervious occupant blowing nose all over the place. I do not like change so I tolerated the mess. The final straw was January 9, 2013 when I complained about the urine on the floor of the bathroom. They raised my rate from $149.00 to $270.00 and invited me to find another place. That is the thanks you get for being a loyal customer for two years and having stayed there over 300 nights during that time.

Room Tip: Try the MCM Elegante for a cheaper rate and a clean room
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
lq6360gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Odessa North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

It is always our goal to make every experience at our property a positive one. I apologize that we did not meet that goal. In the instance that we do fall short of our goal, my contact information is available in every guest room so that I can address any issues that may arise immediately. We will continue our efforts to assure each guest is welcomed like family when they walk through the door and settles in to a clean, comfortable room. We appreciate your feedback and hope that when you travel to this area again, you will give us the opportunity create a positive experience for you. -Candi Gordon

Reviewed 14 December 2012

driving through town and came across this hotel, the staff was very friendly and the hotel was very clean. i would stay at this la quinta again. the hotel was about 10 minutes from the airport and was right off one of their highways there. i did enjoy the bottled waters and granola bars for free. best part was wifi everywhere around thehotel, i have stayed in hotels where the wifi was not as strong in some areas but this hotel, i could go anywhere and it was at 90% or higher..

Room Tip: try that rosa's cafe across the street, good mexican food.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
San Angelo, Texas, USA
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Nice & clean. Friendly staff. Comfortable room. Would definitely go back. Lots of nice amenities, including on site laundry & fitness room. Good breakfast. Brand new Rosas Cafe right across the road too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 4 November 2012

New construction, GPS could not locate the place so finding it was a challenge. If the hotel reservation printout gave some helpful tips for finding it that would have been nice, just the street address is no help. First class facility. Good breakfast but not super. WiFi did work. I would not go back as the area is too expensive thanks to the demand from the oil fields.

1  Thank KarenGH
Reviewed 28 October 2012

This was a one night stop over and cost 150.00. UNBELIEVABLE! Have stayed all around the area and know how poor the conditions are elsewhere, but this hotel allows the oil field workers to come and go in the lobby, breakfast room and bedrooms with the dirtiest and grimiest shoes and clothes and their dogs are allowed to go anywhere as well (literally). Although it would require some effort, the hotel should isolate a small number of rooms for NON oilfield people who just need a clean, safe place to stay. The A/C can only be adjusted to 68 degrees (via wall thermostat) and shuts off when reached, so the room was stuffy and hot and uncomfortable. Pillow and mattress were new and comfy, but give it time... Walls and doors are thin and you will know when your neighbors come and go and what they are discussing (or fighting about) whether you ever see their face or not. The coffee / cappuccino machine in the breakfast room was AWESOME!

1  Thank Phaedra57
Reviewed 12 October 2012

The cleanest place in the hotel is the room. The room was always neat and clean. They even give you two bottles of water and some chewy granola bars to snack on. The breakfast was better than expexted. The rest of the hotel left much to be desired. I was here for two weeks for work and the hallways were always a mess. Dirt, dust, animal hair and animal feces were the norm. (although the feces was only once) The elevators were filthy with hand prints, sopills and gritty floors. The ceramic tile in one of the elevators is all cracked and broken. The front desk staff are ill trained in hotel management and customer service. They do not know how to program the door keys that's for sure. As I have stated, I was here for two weeks. The reservation was made well in advance. My door keys kept having to be reprogrammed because they kept expiring. It is very aggrivating to come back tot he hotel late at night after working 16 - 18 hours and not be able to get into your room. I was tired and aggfrivated and the last thing I needed was an attitude from the desk clerk; WHEN YOU COULD FIND HER!! Also room keys were programmed without even checking to see if I was assigned to the room I said I was. I was only asked for my name once and that was after the key had been programmed twice and still did not work. I will most likely have to stay here again at some point because this is the hotel my company uses, but I would NEVER waste my money staying here.

1  Thank nelsongc3