“Staff needs training ... food was tasty, what there was of it.”
Review of Carino's Italian-Odessa - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Reviewed 12 April 2014

When I was finely seated by the hostess, I asked about the wifi? She said that it needed a password, and offered to enter it for me, I handed her my iPhone ..., she entered it and left, when it finally processed it, A message came up "invalid"!

When the waiter came, I asked him to help me with my wifi, he fiddled around, and then said he would get the manager, and he asked if I knew what I wanted to order? I told him yes, I wanted the Chicken Gorgonzolas, he then rushed off ... I never saw the manager ... I caught the hostess again, and she tried to enter the password again, but same thing, denied!, She called somebody over, but they just yelled it over to her, she said she would find out ... she came back with it written down, it did not work!

In a while a man I had never seen before came and asked if I had ordered the Chicken Gorgonzolas? I said yes, but I was thinking I was going to get my salad first ... he said "well did you order salad?" I said, no, I didn't get a chance to, as the waiter rushed off, but figured it was coming with the meal, he said "no, you have to order it separately" I still had the menu on my table (as the waiter had not removed it!) so I pointed to the top where it said "choice of salad or soup with entrée" ... he then said, oh, I'll get you one.

The chicken was tasty, but maybe only 1/4 to 1/3 of a breast worth of meat, a few slices of mushrooms, and a bunch of penne pasta ... Never brought me bread sticks, but saw two other table offered it, and parmesan cheese too ... maybe it was just their bad day?

I waited and waited for my check ... once I got their attention, I asked for my check, they had to figure out what I had, to make up my check, surprisingly it was right!

Kind of a dingy restroom, I won't be back ...

1  Thank DieselBenz

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I'm not a complainer, so for me to write a review it has to be bad. Slooowww service, poor food (lasagne had carrots in it that we're not cooked well at all) restrooms dirty, table and chairs dirty...will not be back.

1  Thank April B
Reviewed 4 March 2014

A lot of pasta and a little meat. To go orders are even more pricey because they charge extra for everything including bread. You won't be DISAPOINTED if you like lots of pasta!!!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

food is okay if you ever get it!!! won't be back.. Waiter was terrible and rude.. I never did get my food.. I finally left.. I think our waiter was messed up and not interested in doing his job..

1  Thank 648jim
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

After a really rough day at work, and an even worse night trying to find a restaurant with a 2 hour wait. We finally decided on Carino's. We were immediately seated, then greeted by our server Cindy. She was very attentive and accommodating, even making tasteful jokes and really brightened up what was left of our day. The food and drinks were as good as usual. Would recommend to anyone !! Ask for Cindy when you go .