“Nice but expensive”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Odessa
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

Not acquainted with the super high price of lodging in the oil boom town of Midland Odessa I was shocked at the $300+ per night price for what is a very average Fairfield Inn hotel room and the lack of price flexibility shown to loyalty members. Staff seemed nice but nothing else about the location or hotel to recommend it. Will not likely be rushing back there.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Great room great staff but I have no idea what is on the second floor but it sounded like someone running sprints every night until midnight. Now Donna, she makes starting the day off great she runs the Breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank EBREAUX2ND
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

I had a wedding and reserved rooms for guests that I was told would be cancelled if no one came in on the first day I reserved them for. Well, on the day of my wedding, I had a charge for EACH room on my card and when I called to ask why, all I got was "Well, It's company policy." No transfer to a manager or any help, only the above statement.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank jp_jones89
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Fairfield Inns get lots of business from me because they have the things I need and at a fair price. But not all Fairfield Inns are equal. This one is right at the top. Always clean and with all the help very attentive, helpful, and friendly. Donna, who runs the breakfast service does much better than most places... and she stays out there ensuring it all goes smoothly.

The water in Odessa tastes bad, and the Inn's water is even worse (private well as is not unusual in Odessa), but they provide free drinking water so that is covered. The coffee is good so they must use RO water for it. This has come to be my only lodging choice in Odessa.

Room Tip: I have stayed on all floors and they are essentially the same. Noisy "neighbors" can happ...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank UncleDon41
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed here for UIL Area Marching band competition. It was very convienent to lots of restaurants, the field, other hotels and everything you needed. Our room was very clean and roomy. Every one of the staff we dealt with over our two night stay was super friendly. I hate to say it but Odessa was a very boring drive but if we ever did find ourselves out that way again we would stay here for certain!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cresia
Reviewed 29 September 2011

My stay last week at the Fairfiled in Odessa was excellent! I had some problems with making the reservation because I was using Travelocity, I ended up just calling the hotel directly and the front desk representative was so helpul in getting a room for me. When I arrived I was greeted with the kindest gesture of fresh cookies. My room was excellent! Very clean and roomy. We did need a few extra amenities in our room, when we requested them the staff was quick in their response. nowing how busy the Odessa area is lately, I would have to say the Fairfield Inn is worth the money!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary Z
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Need a room on very short notice. Called directly & was well taken care of by night staff. Appreciated clean, comfortable room, tasty breakfast with wonderful fresh berries & friendly staff. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business