“Good hotel in a good location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Odessa
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Texas
“Good hotel in a good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

Good, clean accomodations in a good part of town. Many restaurants nearby, and adjacent to UTPB. Great cookies in the lobby, and a good continental breakfast. The front desk attendant in the morning was extremely friendly and courteous.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank genelary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2010

We were pleasantly surprised with this Fairfield! It is very clean, comfortable, well decorated and has an excellent staff! This hotel is actually better than most Courtyards we have stayed at! Kudos to Marriott!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lobo3
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

Spent two nights here while attending Rock The Desert. This hotel is in a great location, amenities available all around. In fact, I was caught in a terrible rain storm my first night at Rock The Desert and my cell phone was ruined (yes, it rained that hard!) but I was so thankful there was a Cingular store right down the road where I was able to purchase a new phone. I also found a wonderful place for dinner named Harrigans. It was just a few minutes down the road. The hotel staff was quite wonderful, but I've found that to be a staple of Fairfield Inn. They hospitality was like that more of a bed and breakfast as opposed to that of a national hotel chain. My room was terrific, I had no issues whatsoever. Despite my wonderfully unexpected stay in a Comfort Inn the previous night, I would still say the Fairfield reigns supreme. Just had that home away from home type of feel. And for a hotel chain, I think that goes a long way

• Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank idreamofeuropa
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

I had made the reservations on 2/8 for a stay chcking in on 2/14 and checking out on 2/18 w/ Jessica, but when I arrived they only had me reserved from 2/14 - 2/16, and the hotel was booked full the rest for the 16th and 17th. The lady I spoke with called the manager Wendy who tried to blame it on my credit card stating that it was only authorized for two nights. I checked with my company, and I still and available ballance of $3,500. I was forced to check out and find other accomedations on the 16th. When I filled out the guset services comment card and turned it in to the front desk it was only then the staff showed any kind of concern. They have a Marriott promise statment signed by the staff hanging on the wall, but they are not living that promise. Even at check out they tried to make up another excusse that they were unclear how manny nights I would be staying. I stay in hotels 50+ nights a year for business, and then more for vacation. I know my travel dates and when I make reservations the dates are firm and set. I have atleast 60 nights planned in the Odessa from now untill mid summer, and will not be making the reservations here at the location. I normally have great experiances with Fair Field Inn, but this has been a headache since check in, and was compounded by the staffs lack of concern or willingness to corect the problem.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank 12300Texas
Linseylaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2008

This is the best hotel in Odessa and the friendliest Fairfield we've ever stayed. We love this place! It is within walking distance of a grocery store, a small lake, restaurants, a shopping mall, and a movie theater.

We were greeted with free Otis Spunkmeyer cookies upon arrival, there was a microwave and refrigerator in our room, we received complimentary bottled water, a free USA Today each morning delivered to our room, and had very generous complimentary breakfast with yummy waffles each morning.

We were very pleased!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Linseylaw
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2007

We were surprised to find hotels so booked up in Odessa, but found the last room here...lucky for us. The room was very quiet and comfortable with a nice reading chair with footstool and nice desk with hi-speed 'net. (Chair wouldn't go high enough for me.) Comfy bed with good pillows. Clean, and well-lit. The staff were outstanding. The front desk personnel were always friendly,helpful, and courteous. The breakfast room attendant was a delight. Nice breakfast with good waffles, too. If you're in Odessa, you need to make reservations! It's busy! This is a good choice.

• Liked — spacious, well-lit room.
  • Disliked — nothing.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank janrm
Virginia Beach, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2007

I chose this hotel based on previous experience with other Marriott/Fairfield Hotels as a Marriott Rewards member and other Trip Advisor reviews. Compared to other Fairfield properties, this one was truly just "fair."
We even stayed here for two different nights a week apart from each other. The second week was not much different from the first. I was hoping the second week would change my opinion. Week one, I had to wait around the lobby at check-in for several minutes before searching for a desk attendant. I found him in the breakfast area watching television.
Generally speaking, the rooms are sparse and lacking in furniture and decor. Both weeks, we found hair on the floor and tub areas in the bathroom. Mattresses were spongy and among the most uncomfortable during our three week vacation throughout TX, NM, and CO. Week two, the room had a musty odor. The curved shower rod was falling loose from the wall and the toilet was NOT thoroughly clean! Lysol to the rescue!
On the surface, this hotel is nice in appearance from it's outside and inside public areas. Breakfast was typical for a Fairfield and was well attended by staff.
Compared to other Fairfield Hotels in my experience, and the many other hotels we stayed at during our travels, I truly don't understand how this one ranks higher in the Trip Advisor ratings.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Lack of overall room cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family