“Great Stay”

Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Alpine, Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Our room was clean! The staff was awesome ! Reasonably priced for the area! Loved that it was walking distance to the mall and restaurants !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Natzahualcollot B
Manger2013, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Odessa, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad you found our rooms clean and comfortable. Our Staff thanks You for your kind remarks. Our hotel is in a great location. We look forward to seeing again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Springtown
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The young lady in front was sweet and helpful , our room was really super nice , only we got there late and missed breakfast .looking forward gin returning when we go back to Odessa

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Manger2013, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Odessa, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank You for your review. Its very nice to here that your stay here was great. I will let the front desk clerk know about your nice compliment towards her. We are pleased you found our rooms comfortable. I hope you will get here in time to try our breakfast bar when you return to Odessa. We look forward to having you back.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here three times this month for business. This is where the office booked me otherwise I would not have come back after the first time.
The property is in a very convenient location for our business so that is the main positive. It is also located close to the area mall and several restaurants. The staff was also nice on all three occasions.
The reasons for the poor rating however are these:
1. Very thin walls--my first trip I could hear what sounded like a screeching noise in the wall which I finally figured out was when someone upstairs turned the water on. It did not sound like water though it sounded like loud fingernails on a chalkboard. I could also hear the guest in the room next to mine snoring all night which kept me awake. On the second trip, it was embarrassing because my colleague was in the room next to mine and I could hear his phone conversations. There was also banging of doors all night and early morning every time I stayed. The air/heater was also extremely loud when it was running. Should provide ear plugs if nothing can be done about the lack of insulation/noise.
2. Uncomfortable pillows--could not get comfortable on them at all. The second visit I folded up a sweater to sleep on. The third time I brought my own pillow. We had a block of rooms for our business party and all said the same about the pillows.
3. The third visit I was welcomed by a dirty room. Dirty linens, trash in the trash cans, bed not fully made, etc. The front desk person was apologetic and said it was marked as clean.
4. Amenities were not replenished after first day. Why have them at all if not going to replenish them when they are used?
5. TV is small and can't see it when the light is on due to the glare.
6. Chair is uncomfortable.
7. I was warned to lock my windows which I would have done anyway but that made me scared of who might be in the area. I had to open the window a few times though because of the smell which I would notice after I showered and was told it is the water in town.
8. A personal preference but I'm not really a fan of the mirrored walls.
9. Breakfast is free so I won't be choosy but it is very limited (no protein)
10. Internet was available but I could only connect about half the time.

If the bed, pillows, noise level had been acceptable the other things would not have been such a big deal to me.

Room Tip: Higher floors would probably be your best bet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Manger2013, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Odessa, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your stay, we are very sorry to hear that your room didn’t meet your expectations, but glad that the service you received by our staff was well received by you. We will address the housekeeping items with our executive housekeeper and make sure that we get that corrected. We hope that you give us another opportunity to better your experience with us, we are proud of our property and want to make our guest feel that thru their stay.”