“A nice find in Odessa”
Review of Thai Spice - CLOSED

Thai Spice
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 1 April 2014

If you look up the top 20 restaurants in Odessa you will find that there isn't many that are that interesting. Chains, burgers, etc. And given how busy Odessa is right now most have waiting lines to get in. Not so here and don't let the somewhat rough exterior put you off. The food here is good and the waitresses are helpful. My wife and I ate here last night and the waitress was kind enough to show us that we could still get the luncheon plates which included spring/egg rolls and steamed or fried rice. The food was good!

1  Thank SaxyfromAubrey

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We didn't want to end up waiting hours like most the eateries in Odessa are doing while the boom is going strong, so we looked for what would possibly be a short wait, and the parking lot made it look more crowded than it actually was inside. Most times a restaurant this empty at dinner service would concern me, but we had picked up drive thru take aways a couple of times in the past and they were quite good. I was surprised at how few patrons there were inside knowing that the food we had gotten in the past was good.
We were told to seat ourselves, and only two people were working the front of the house. The interior of the restaurant has definitely seen better days. Old style tables and banquette seating that had tears in it, but overall seemed clean (just desperate for a remodel). This was once a Captain D's in the distant past. The restaurant is not well lit, but it is a quiet atmosphere for anyone looking to relax.
It took some time to look over the massive menu, which I think could use some scaling down. Our waitress was quick to respond when we were ready to order. Our order consisted of 2 summer rolls, which were excellent. Then came entrees, one beef and pepper with stir fried rice on the side (which can be seen in the photo was not fried at all, or even seasoned). Our other entree was Pad Thai, mainly because a good way to gauge a Thai restaurant is by the Pad Thai. I was definitely underwhelmed by the dish. It lacked seasoning and depth. It was edible, but not what I consider good Thai food.
The best part of the meal were the Summer Rolls. I would definitely recommend those and the coconut base soup to anyone planning to visit the restaurant.
Don't let the barren parking lot deter you from visiting Thai Spice House, I think it is an over looked opportunity in the Odessa restaurant scene. If you enjoy Thai food, or even Asian cuisine in general, I recommend it.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Traveling from Las Cruces, NM to Weatherford, TX and Odessa is about half way between the two so it's perfect for a lunch stop. Decided to try Thai Spice for a midday stop and was looking for Thai Iced Tea as a pick-me-up for the afternoon drive. They had no Thai Iced Tea nor Thai Iced Coffee just run of the mill coffee. I had Chicken Kar Pao, a lunch special, that arrived quickly; it was hot and flavorful brimming with crisp cooked vegetables and tender chicken. Definitely worth driving out of my way for.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had Panang curry, seafood sour and Tom Yum. The soups were full of delicious goodies, enough for a midnight snack. The services was very friendly and attentive. Much better than the Thai restaurant on 42nd St.

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Great for odessa I would not go anywhere other than here for thai food.
Nice. Clean smells good grat service.

1  Thank Bulldog6200