“Good food...”

Cheddar's #730
Ranked #9 of 243 Restaurants in Odessa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I love this place, it is reasonably priced, fairly new, and has great potato soup. I always get the lunch combo with potato soup and half a double decker club sandwich. The last couple times we've gone though, the service was slow and the waitresses were forgetful or wouldn't even come back forever.. my husband loves their shrimp (he'll get a side of grilled shrimp with a burger) but they don't know how to cook a medium steak.. it's come out well done 3 times. If we go during lunch he doesn't have time to wait for another so he doesn't eat. My food is always fine but he doesn't like going, we usually end up somewhere else.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

There's so many good options here, I changed my mind 3 times before our waiter came to take our order. I got the crispy chicken salad and it was terrific. That same chicken is on the menu in other places besides the salad. It is so tender and the outside so light and crispy. They were very busy the night we were there and it too a little longer than we are used to to get our food, but the wait was worth it. Our server was attentive and pleasant. I will definitely look for Cheddar's in other locations.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had the cornmeal catfish. The fish portion was huge and it was delicious. We ate every bit of it up with gusto. Great family restaurant.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Ordered the chicken pot pie which tasted like it had freezer burn.. was not made fresh was still clumpy looking from being frozen. My husband ordered the smaller portion fish and was given and charged the larger portion. Atmosphere was good but the food not so much.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

The food is good, as is the service. They have a good mix of "comfort food" and healthier options. Their fish tacos are especially good, which is a rare find. Lots of dinner salad options, and prices are perfect. Four adults and one child and we only paid about $45 including the tip! Also, the service is good. We were dining with a 2yo and the waitress actually brought extra napkins with our food without us even having to ask. You will run into long waits if you try to go during the lunch or dinner rush, especially on the weekend, but that is typical of anywhere in Odessa. You won't wait longer here than you would at any other sit-down restaurant in town.