“Eastern European Quisine... light and tastely”
Review of Yana's - CLOSED

Yana's
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Odessa, Texas
“Eastern European Quisine... light and tastely”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Food is very good... nice atmosphere but noisy because it is small restraurant (specially at lunch and Sundays). The deserts are to die for... overall, well made food and good service. Well worth the visit.

2 Thank Joe M

Odessa, Texas
“Good European/French type cuisine”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I recently went to Yana's for my birthday. The food was pretty good. They seem to have changed things a little since I was last there but it was good. We had a chicken salad salad, soup, and chicken palachinka. The food was very good and the ambiance was sweet and peaceful as always.

1 Thank lujacque
Austin, Texas
“I love Yana's Restaurant for the lovely atmosphere and delightful food”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Unlike any other restaurant in the Permian Basin, and I grew up and visit there frequently, Yana's is a refreshing change of pace from the chain store type of restaurant one finds in Odessa. With the lovely owner, Änna, presiding over her little bit of Europe in West Texas, we always find the find and ambiance to be a delightful respite from the fried, fast food fodder we usually face in this part of the world. Take a minute to take a breath, relax and feel at home - that's the kind of place this always feels like to me. The menu offers fresh choices unheard of in this neck of the woods where a salad usually means iceberg lettuce and unripe tomatoes, Yana's uses mixed garden greens with lovely homemade vinaigrette. The service is typically European - if you're in a hurry to get back to your spot in the salt mines, then you probably don't deserve food this good. Slow down and enjoy your good fortune - you've found a bit of homecooked haven in the brutal food world of the hinterland.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank texastulipman
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delish!”
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I LOVE this place! They have the best food ever! tTry the chicken palachinka, MMMMM!!! The swiss chocolate torte is to die for! I love the atmosphere and the food, I go as often as possible and you should too!

1 Thank erebuspooh
Odessa
“Beautiful Garden”
Reviewed 20 May 2010

The food is average & a little bland. Our waitress was not at all friendly & made us feel like we were not welcomed. We had to keep asking for Tea refills while it seemed like the other customers got their's without asking. We left feeling disappointed. It wil be a long time before we go back if ever. The only reason we went there was because it was close to our work and saved us time. Our time will be better spent elsewhere.