“Stay away!!!! Found used soiled condom and smells!”

Americas Best Value Inn And Suites- Odessa
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I saw the big 59 sign and went in assuming the rate was $59 a night, but actually they charge about $85. Got a room and it reeked of cigarettes and urine, plus a broken AC. I asked for a refund within 10 min and they said no refund. They gave me another room and it still smelled like cigarettes and urine. I later notice a used soiled condom on the floor behind the night table. I went to put my food in the refrigerator, as soon as I open the fridge door, the overwhelming stench caught me by surprise and I gagged. The pillow has stains as if someone has drooled all over. There is also some shady characters lurking during at night which I to look out the window to see if my car is ok. Worse experience I ever experience.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank firsttimerevie

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights. Asked for a non smoking room when I booked online. As soon we walked in room, reeked of smoke. Returned to office and they gave us other room. Same thing for second room and purchased a air wick air freshener to combat the smoke smell. Room is dirty no mopping and dusting is evident with the layer of dirt on furniture and on the bathroom. Found a cig bud in the bathroom as well from previous guest. Second day we were there, we returned to our room and the housekeeper never came to clean it. Room was left the way we had that morning: trash full no bed made nor clean towels. Asked to speak to manager(Harry) and he said he would be down to inspect room. He never came and sent another employee to bring sheets and towels. When asked where Harry the manager was, employee stated he wouldn't come to talk to us and fix the problem. Harry shouldn't be a manager if he doesn't have the ability to listen to the customer complaints on the hotel room and try to resolve it. He lacks leadership and shouldn't be employed at all. I advise future customers to look else where and pay for better service and better accommodations. I definitely wont return to the ill ran shamble. I would love to contact the owner and express my disappointment.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Erica M
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The bed was comfortable. The closet needed repair as did the jacuzzi, which I was told at check in didn't work and had paper "do not use" signs taped to it. The light above the sink didn't work. The door looked sanded, but not repainted.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 6 February 2014

No remote for tv, dirty room, don't stay in one of the rooms in the back due to drug dealers and prostitutes. On the good side lots of hot water and the bed was comfortable. Bad reception on tv. No free wifi. No breakfast but coffee.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Filthy room, horrible service, took every belonging every time I left the room and locked them in trunk of vehicle- including the 3 times they room key would not work and I had to go to the front desk. No towels, frig not cold, but freezer closed in with ice, microwave was there but no outlet to run it, because everything was plugged in to ONE overloaded outlet, and it was so dirty you wouldn't want to eat after heating anything up in it. Could it get worse? YES, the rude service and employees, and shower... Go ahead and mention all the issue and they will say they will credit you money when you are in front of them, BUT then deny it after you are home and realize you were actually charged more. Do yourself a favor- get a bigger car rental and stay in the vehicle.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cmbrn
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is the most incompetent hotel staff that I have ever come in contact with in my entire life. Keep in mind that I am traveling an average of 75% of the year. I decided to stay at this hotel considering the ridiculous prices of Odessa, TX. I noticed the poor reviews, but I also noticed some recent reviews mentioning the new ownership and remodeling of the hotel rooms. I figured, it should be fine then First of all, the first room they put us in was filthy, so filthy that there was not only hair all over the floor, there was even a bobby pin to boot. So they moved us to another room, and they forgot to update the system, so while I was at work three men, came to my door while I was at work and harassed my wife accusing her of breaking and entering, They threatened to throw her out if she did not give them money immediately and threatened to call the police. My wife stood her ground, and they went back and looked through the files to find that our information was in the wrong place. They then had to come to apologize. My wife had to go and have her room key reprogrammed almost every day We stayed for 8 days. When I initially called to make the reservation, I reserved the room for 8 days. When I initially arrived at the hotel, they acted like they could not find my reservation. ( That should have given me my first reservation. However, I was at the end of a 10 hour drive, in a hurry to get to work and exhausted.) When they found it, I tossed them my card. Fast forward to the last day of our stay, I get a call for my wife. They are again telling my wife that she should not be there. The girl who took my reservation put me down for 7 instead of 8 days. She even admitted that she remembered our conversation and messed the reservation up. Problem is that I am in sales, and that was my busiest sales day. So not only were they making my wife and I miserable, they were costing me money having to deal with their ineptitudes. (I could probably spend another page on just trying to get with anyone of authority at the hotel) So that evening my wife and I are laying in bed, and someone tries to come into our room. I hollered through the door for them to go away. Come to find out, they tried to book the room we were in, after I had to make a special trip to the front desk to pay for the room that I should have already been charged for. So again they forgot to note that I was even in that room. I tried to be patient with them though out the week trying to give them one chance after another to get their stuff together. Trust me!!! IT IS NOT WORTH SAVING A FEW BUCKS TO STAY HERE!!! STAY AWAY

Room Tip: The only way to choose a good room is to choose a room located at another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank George M
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Will not recomend this hotel to anyone. Very unhappy of the place that you sent me to. Staff was friendly but the hotel was dirty and fealthy. Blankets were old rooms smelt bad, parking lot was awful not a good experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family