“Homely Feelings”

Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Odessa, Texas
“Homely Feelings”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hi, my name is Ronald Gonzales – am staying in this hotel along with my family since last week of june’2014 till today – Am writing this review, I think anybody can understand that if am staying in this hotel since so long there could be a reason that now this property become my home almost. Everyday I go for a work early in the morning but before I leave hotel I always take a fresh continental breakfast in lobby with fresh juices etc. And when I cm back by 6pm approx.in the evening- I really appreciate the guy name “SAN” who is always smiling on his face & welcome me like a new guest everyday. And when I entered in my room it look like new always as house keeping staff everyday service it.AC works so good that sometime I used to make temperature very low at night. As am staying in a suite both LCD tv’s and big fridge and kitchen make it easy for me for my daily needs. King size bed is very comfortable.24 hr hot and cold storage of water makes it sense. And anything if you required at late hour you can collect the same from 24 hr front desk help. A very cute and stylish considering it's a budget hotel. If you're all about amenities this place is not for you. If you want to spend less money but still be in a fun, cheerful environment, No restaurant but several cute ones nearby. Spacey street people but that goes with the territory. The neighborhood is mid gentrification so it's a mix of down-and-out people. The internet works perfectly and I love the free bikes.
Nobody is giving me anything for writing all this- as am writing this bcoz its internal feeling I got it from the place where am staying now a days. And may be one to one views are always different but I simply grade this hotel as “A Grade” bcoz am getting the proper friendly care and maintenance by all the front office and other staff. I will recommend only this hotel to my friends and family as they are the best.

Room Tip: Room no.524 and in a row are all gud
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rony G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I went to this hotel on 3rd week of july'14 alongwith my hubby and I just can't describe you that day wen all the hotels were full and there was no vacanncy in all good hotels.we were not finding any place in odessa east.Suddenly we saw the sign board on main highway THE SUPER INN & SUITES.Wen we entered the premises it was very neat & clean.A young good looking boy welcome us with huge smile & asked us how he can help.Unfortunately the hotel was also sold out for that particular day but after seen our old age the Manager SAN offered us one Double Suit reserved suite -which was booked for someone of thr employee from thr Houston office.He said he will manage his oth office staff you please be comfirtable & relaxed.Then aft doing certain formalities he gave us room at bottom very near to front desk.He also helped us to get our luggage out from our SUV to room.And wen we enetered the suites it was really beautiful well placed of everything - Big LED Tv in each room, both rooms Ac/Jumbo Refrigerator/ 2 bathrooms king sizes bed, microwave, kitchen etc.etc. As my hubby is heart patient aft tkg rest and meal we went for a walk all around the gallery.it was really nice experience as no.of other guests of hotels were also enjoying and hvg fun. And finally at night we both hv a sound sleep and next day was check out.We wish we could stay there for some more days.Finally we can say in just short way "VALUE FOR MONEY STAY" - specially professional helping staff and location.We shall recommend our others friends in future.All the very best for all of them.God bless

Room Tip: Rooms near front desk row are good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I traveled on 07/11/14 to 07/13 for two nights. Very efficient and professional check in by staff member, SAN- Front Desk looks like a model. Very clean and comfortable with a concierge desk. Hotel has a good Neighbor designation so I guess that means a certain standard of lodging and services. I appreciated the convenient plugs on lamps for devices. Our king bed was exceptionally comfortable. Did not experience AC issues described by other reviewers. Breakfast offers same as all Choice properties.Very convenient location dining and shopping options. Safest for the ladies/women at any time as under surveillance 24 hr by control room.I would recommend to my others friends and family members.

Room Tip: room on hotel right side are good specially 506
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
cornelius
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed one night and at 3am i got a call from the night MANAGER asking if i was alone and what room i was in and if he could come to my room. So i told the day manager and he said he would take care of it. When i asked what they did about it he told me not to worry its taken care of but couldn't give me any details.

• Stayed July 2014

Travellers are raving about these Odessa hotels

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I saw the big 59 sign and went in assuming the rate was $59 a night, but actually they charge about $85. Got a room and it reeked of cigarettes and urine, plus a broken AC. I asked for a refund within 10 min and they said no refund. They gave me another room and it still smelled like cigarettes and urine. I later notice a used soiled condom on the floor behind the night table. I went to put my food in the refrigerator, as soon as I open the fridge door, the overwhelming stench caught me by surprise and I gagged. The pillow has stains as if someone has drooled all over. There is also some shady characters lurking during at night which I to look out the window to see if my car is ok. Worse experience I ever experience.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank firsttimerevie
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights. Asked for a non smoking room when I booked online. As soon we walked in room, reeked of smoke. Returned to office and they gave us other room. Same thing for second room and purchased a air wick air freshener to combat the smoke smell. Room is dirty no mopping and dusting is evident with the layer of dirt on furniture and on the bathroom. Found a cig bud in the bathroom as well from previous guest. Second day we were there, we returned to our room and the housekeeper never came to clean it. Room was left the way we had that morning: trash full no bed made nor clean towels. Asked to speak to manager(Harry) and he said he would be down to inspect room. He never came and sent another employee to bring sheets and towels. When asked where Harry the manager was, employee stated he wouldn't come to talk to us and fix the problem. Harry shouldn't be a manager if he doesn't have the ability to listen to the customer complaints on the hotel room and try to resolve it. He lacks leadership and shouldn't be employed at all. I advise future customers to look else where and pay for better service and better accommodations. I definitely wont return to the ill ran shamble. I would love to contact the owner and express my disappointment.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family