“not a good place”

Ramada Odessa Near University of Texas Permian
Ranked #30 of 40 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed 2 January 2014

my son and I stayed and theroom was durty the sheets had greese on them people slaming doors all night had dopeheads out side our room all night long had nasty girls with different men every five min in and out all night ask for a wake up never got it i told the front desk thay never came to change the bedding for the price of the rooms it aint worth it take it for what its worth don't stay there its not a good place for anybody

Room Tip: just buy pass this motel its a bad place all the motels on jbs parkway are awfull
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
qualityinnodessatx, Manager at Ramada Odessa Near University of Texas Permian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to write on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the domestic disturbance caused by our neighbouring property on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my security department and told them to take more rounds to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. Also i have briefed my House-keeping department about the cleanliness issue.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Odessa.

Kind Regards,

Management
Quality Inn & suites
432-333-3931

Reviewed 29 December 2013

PREFACE: Anyone who has ever passed through Midland and Odessa is aware that this area is a HUGE oil/petro capital. That being said, there are obnoxious petro fumes which permeate the air and your car as you approach this area. Because the oil industry dominates this area, there are thousands and thousands of workers here. Many of these workers are contract or brought in specifically to work the fields. As a result, hotel accomodations are surprisingly HIGH for what you actually get in return.
The Quality Inn & Suites was booked online. We paid approximately $175.00 for a queen bed room. It's clear the room had been renovated (see pictures). But, the renovation was quick and large details were overlooked (sticker on the tub, old bed covers, unpainted doors, etc. Again, see pictures) and possible not completed.
CHECK IN / ROOM: Although the female Hispanic clerk was somewhat rude, concentrating her energies at her boyfriend and not at me the customer,so it took longer than usual to check in. The parking lot was filled with many trucks (most petro related). And cleared out VERY EARLY in the morning. The room heater unit was really loud. We were able to adjust it so that its vibrations were less offensive. When we look at the bed cover, it was clear there were what appeared to be oil stains. The room was dusty in parts too. But were were so tired from driving and it was very late, we just overlooked it. As I stated above, it was clear some renovation had taken place.
FREE BREAKFAST: Here is the only place where the hotel really scored well. There was a wonderful breakfast buffet. From eggs and potatoes to waffles, cereal, bagels and toast, juices. We ate about 8am and there were only a few people. While there we noticed a group of Indian men talking with construction people and looking at what appeared to be a large plot map. We later also noticed that these construction people were doing work on interior rooms, moving furniture, etc. So, it was clear the hotel was going through an updating process and that the hotel ownership and management is working to make the place better. But for the breakfast, I would have given it a terrible score.

Room Tip: Stay closer to the university BUT be prepared to pay for it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
qualityinnodessatx, Manager at Ramada Odessa Near University of Texas Permian, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Management.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Clean, updated, and near Odessa restaraunts and mall. Not a bad place to unwind! The staff was very friendly and seemed to enjoy their job, as they seemed genuinely happy to help me. I gotta say I will stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Chrisfranco325
qualityinnodessatx, Manager at Ramada Odessa Near University of Texas Permian, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Mr. Franco,
On behalf of my entire team here at the Quality Inn & suites I would like to thank you for your feedback on trip advisor, customer satisfaction is our main goal here at the hotel and with happy customers like you we feel great that we are continuously improving. Once again thank you very much for your feedback, hope to see you soon
Management

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel has come a long way over the past few years. The management has worked hard to make it the best Odessa has to offer. I have been traveling to Odessa the past 5 years and I have seen this hotel transform from a place that I wouldn't stay at to my favorite place in Odessa to stay. Many new upgrades have been added.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Matthew D
qualityinnodessatx, General Manager at Ramada Odessa Near University of Texas Permian, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Matthew,
On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your kind words of encouragement, your opinion always matters a lot for us to continue with our success and excellent customer service. It is always a pleasure to have you as one of our loyal guests.
Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The Good:
This was our first stay at the hotel on our business trips to Odessa. It turned out to be a good choice. Our room was nice and well appointed with microwave, refrigerator etc. The breakfast was better than most hotels we stay in. The indoor pool and hot tub was nice after a busy day working in the area.

The Bad:
The carpet in our rooms was as bad as could be with dirt and stains. I realize that most of the customers of this hotel are oil field workers and it must be hard to keep things clean. I hope to get a room that is a little more updated next time.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the inside.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to tell everybody about your experience. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,
Quality Inn & Suites
Odessa, Tx

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Check in was fast and efficient...I had requested a downstairs, inside room (outside entrance rooms are also available) and got exactly what I asked for. I was close to the breakfast room, ice machine and right by the indoor pool...which looked very inviting but I was unable to take advantage of the pool or hot tub. There is a ping pong table, a miniature golf course, lots of tables to enjoy sitting in the atrium. I was a bit concerned there would be a lot of noise from the play area but all was quiet when it needed to be at bedtime. Room was spacious, older, had a few cosmetic issues like paint touch ups needed but nothing major. Only complaint...when you stand at the desk & look in the mirror I noticed someone could stand outside the large window, look between the curtain and window and see the bed reflected in the mirror. Solved that by pulling curtain far enough over to hook on door handle and close the gap. The bed was super comfy, clean and much appreciated after a long day. Good TV and wifi reception, fridge and microwave clean. Bathtub surround had been redone and I like having a little shelf to hold shampoo in the shower. Breakfast was standard motel fare...waffles, bagel, toast, yogurt, cereal, eggs, hash browns (a bit soggy for my taste), link sausage and bacon (undercooked and greasy)....overall, very good. The bagels were so fresh I went that route...so often motel bagels are dry...this one was delicious with some sausage. This is an older hotel...even had a lounge/bar which I was too tired to frequent; although I know it is one off Odessa's favorites. I can see they are trying to update and keep things up. The desk clerk was very nice. When I had called earlier in the week at night, Diane(?)was beyond helpful and friendly. I will stay here again especially if I can get as decent a rate as I got this time...a hard thing to do in Odessa.

Room Tip: Make sure there isn't a gap in the curtain when closed where you can see out through the gap or...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
qualityinnodessatx, Manager at Ramada Odessa Near University of Texas Permian, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Sir,
I on behalf of my entire staff would like to thank you for taking time and commenting about your recent stay at our hotel, it is really nice to know that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel. If you plan to come to Odessa next time in the near future please come back and stay with us.
Quality inn & suites

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Awesome service seems to be rare these days but I love how the staff here treats their guests. The front desk, housekeepers and maintenance team are wonderful. I'd like to thank Fawn, Ashley, Navinbhai and Usha for taking such great care of me while I'm away from home. THANK YOU!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
qualityinnodessatx, Manager at Ramada Odessa Near University of Texas Permian, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Ms Susan
We appreciate you review on trip advisor.
We would be looking forward to your next trip to Odessa.
Best regards
Quality inn and suites team,odessa