“horrible !!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Motel 6 Orange

Motel 6 Orange
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed 27 January 2013

1st id like to say that vance the front desk man was so nice and helpful and gave us a room down stairs thats the only good thing i can say oh 1 more they dont charge for dogs thats what made me decide to stay there plus the 44. total charge u get what u pay for .. we were exterminating our house needed aplace to stay this room reeked of stale -sour- urine they had unplugged the fridge and it stunk to high heaven it must have been in the beds for when i would turn over i could still smell the smell after i thought i had aired out the room it was a nightmare i finally slept few hrs got up and left .. came home and washed off that smell and washed the dogs and clothes we had on oh i cant tell u how bad it smelled its still up my nose i think im going to put vicks salve up my nose.. the floor hadnt been vacuumed sorry vance but people stay away..........

Room Tip: maybe it was just our room but it was bad its behind other hotels so its quiet from the freeway the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Woke up to roachs crawling up the wall,beds are very old to say the least.do not recomend at any price,needs to clean it uy or shut it down

Room Tip: nasty keep looking
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ricky H
Reviewed 25 May 2012

After many hours on the road, my husband chose this place so we could get some sleep. If we hadn't been so tired, I would have left as soon as I saw the room. It reeked of cigarette smoke even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The furniture was old and shabby. No basic amenities like shampoo or a hair dryer. The smoke alarm was on low battery and made loud noises intermittently during the night. The grounds are dirty and trashy. Nothing good to say about this place. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't assume all chain motels are the same. Check reviews of specific locations first.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed 21 December 2010

We stopped here on our way to San Antonio Tx and the gentleman who waited on my husband was very helpful. We were able to get a downstairs room that was handicapped accessible. The room was clean and stocked with everything that we needed for the night.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Look, I'm not a classy broad, but this was the most disgusting foul hotel I have ever stayed at, and I've traveled A LOT. I came into Orange after driving for 15 hours straight from Arizona. I HAD to stop and take a shower and get some sleep - or so I though, until my pup and I set foot in the room. First of all, it looked dirty and dank, there were spider webs and it smelled like smoke. SECOND of all, I went to take a shower, and three huge roaches crawled out from under the shower head. At that point, I had decided to leave, but I couldn't get my dog out from under the bed because she had gotten stuck on a mouse trap under the bed. To make matters worse, when I went down to the front desk to tell the girl, and ask for my money back she lied to me and told me that there were no mouse/roach traps in the rooms. I had to take my dog to the vet and remove the mouse trap from her paw, which was broken. The hotel refused to pay for anything, and continued to lie. It took almost a week before my refund was back on my card. Long story short? keep driving til you hit Louisiana!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dirtytucson
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Room was not very clean with stained carpet. Staff was very unprofessional and not very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JTM6
Reviewed 11 July 2005

Fortunately, I got a refund because I didn't stay even a half hour.
The room was tiny, the a/c was built in Methuselah's day. The door sign said no smoking and of course the room was smokey. They moved me to another room and same smokey smell. I couldn't believe how run-down the place was. The workers were all relatively polite but I've been in many Motel 6's (in Arizona) and never seen one that bad before.
I went back to the front desk after seeing that the second room was bad and politely asked for a refund, which they did. Orange, TX motels are overpriced for some reason but they don't deliver on quality to match their prices at all.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled on business