“Overpriced for what it was”
Review of Travelodge Ozona

Travelodge Ozona
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Ozona
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Needed a layover for the night and was expecting a better price from a Travelodge location. I was the only non-construction vehicle in the parking lot... but luckily those guys go to bed early... but unfortunately they wake up early too. At 5 am the person who had parked 2 feet outside my door tried to start his truck to no avail. For the next half hour, they turned over the engine until it caught, and then let the truck run for another half hour, all while the exhaust was pouring in my room. I'll never understand why those guys feel the need to let their trucks run for 30 minutes before driving them. I paid $100 for a room that I normally would have paid $50 for. My best review was for the bed, by far the most comfortable of the trip. Linens were clean and bed spread was the first that I didn't want to rip off and stuff in a drawer.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
dhaval p, Manager at Travelodge Ozona, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

We would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are sorry that you feel the property was over priced. We think that our property is very competitive with the other properties around the area. Yes we are full with lot of oil field workers who leave at 6 in the morning. And we are working tirelessly to make sure that our regular guest are not disturbed during their stay.

Our guests can also now call/e-mail/visit us at the number/address listed in the area above the Travelodge photo above regarding past or future concerns.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed here on a cross country move. We had to pick a place to stay at 11:00 PM while driving and were only able to judge the places by the description in the AAA guide for Texas. We paid $109 for a room that should have been priced around $29 per night (or by the hour). The smell in the room was absolutely horrendous. It smelled like pesticide, mildew and bugs being burned in the heater. We should have walked back to the office and got a refund the second we saw roaches on the sidewalk and then opened the door to be hit with that horrid smell, but, unfortunately our judgement was impaired having driven for 15 hours straight and it being almost 1 AM by the time we got tho the motel, as well as having a dog which makes the choices even more limited. We found pubic hairs on the tub and in one of the queen beds. We slept fully clothed (actually we barely slept for fear of our car or moving truck being broken into even with it being parked right in front of the office. This stay has made me come to the realization that I never want to stay at a motel or hotel "sight-unseen". I implore everyone looking At these reviews to take my advice and NEVER, EVER WASTE YOUR MONEY AT THIS MOTEL!!! I would rather have slept in the cab of the moving truck. I fully expect to find roaches, bed bugs or some other disgusting insects in my bags which were brought into the room. There is a very nice looking Holiday Inn closer the I10 which is probably the same price and you won't fear for your belongings bei g stolen or infested. Also, they had 6 appliances plugged into a 2 plug outlet and all 6 plugs were half-in and half-out of their plug and I was scared that me Nd my fiancé may be burned alive in this shady dump! So again, stay somewhere else in Ozona or continue driving to the next town and ch Eco other motels/hotels. The night we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Houston and it was the same price but had great staff and ameninities!

Room Tip: Tip for a food room here: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE. stay elsewhere or sleep in your car.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
dhaval p, Manager at Travelodge Ozona, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

I would like to thank you for taking time out our busy schedule to write a review on our property. We are in a quite a shock to read a review that bad. We have recently in the last 2 years made a huge change in our property. We have redone 90 percent of our guest rooms including the guest bathrooms and are working to redo the rest of them as we speak. We have changed out all of our mattresses to pillow top mattresses and also removed old furniture and brought in customer friendly furniture in our property. When you mentioned 29 dollars or per hour I was in shock that there are properties who sell their rooms for 29 dollars a night and being a family man I would never go into a property who sells their room for 29 dollars or for hourly rates. To also emphasis your point regarding the roaches on the sidewalk they are not roaches those are beetles. We are in West Texas and during hot months we get beetles but we try to keep them in their natural habitat outside the guest rooms. We do that by having regular pest control, changing out our door bottoms on regular basis. We try our best to get rid of them before they become a problem inside our guest room. I assure you that we change our linens every day and wash our comforters everyday. We are also training our employees every month to get them doing their job at the highest level and provide great experience to our guests.There is a nicer looking holiday inn express which was recently build but instead of paying 109 you would have shelling out 200 dollars a night for the same room. We offer 32 inch lcd high def screen, we offer high speed internet 21down and 9upload speed, we offer free hot breakfast, we offer new rooms with new furnishing. I think our offering towards our patrons is the same as holiday inn. We have 16 cameras on the property and local cops make regular rounds in our parking lot for the safety of our guests and their belongings. I personally have been at the property for 5 years and we have had 0 problems with break ins. I can assure you we do not have 6 appliances plugged in the same outlet. We care for our guests safety along with our safety we would not put anyone lives in danger. We just had a inspection done on our property and we passed. As for the plugs we have additional plugs for our guests on the night stand and activity desk.
I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay more positive next time. Again our apology if we did not meet your standards.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

They gave me a discount, as we were traveling thru town,with a car & moving truck. We got in at 1 am in the morning & needed 2 rooms. All went well...the free breakfast was a great help to us(altho the donuts were dry & stale.) everything else was pretty good. Thx. for the discount...& the clean rooms!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on our property and your stay with us. We do provide variety of discounts to our guest like AAA, AARP, 7day rate, military, Senior and also we provide discounts on renting multiple rooms. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of multiple room discount that we offer to our patrons. We are working hard to keep our property tidy and clean for all new, past and future guest. And we do apologize if you received stale donuts, since than we have discussed this issue with our local vendor and are working tirelessly in improving our breakfast, guest rooms and amenities on our property.
Thank you for your comments and your concerns. We would like to you see you soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Owner of property and prooerty manager were very attentive to all of our needs.. we felt weclomed.. loved the place.. over all it was a great experience..

Room Tip: all rooms i think are great
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on our property. I am pleased to hear that our staff was efficient and friendly during your stay.

We hope to see you soon in future.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Staff as great n very helpful. Great place for small little town

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank bsadger0921

I would like to thank you for your review regarding your stay. I am happy to hear that our staff was courteous and helpful during your stay with us. We take pride in being hospitable to our guest.
We hope to serve you soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

From what I saw, they recently remodeled the place. Our room was room 132 and had two double beds. The bathroom looks like it was remodeled and the toilet looked new also. Really was not that bad. They also have a continental breakfast which I was not expecting. It was not that bad really. I have 3 kids also and they kinda liked the place. They did love the breakfast. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffle maker, cereal, doughnuts, coffee, tea....not a huge continental, but it was more than adequate.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Slingshot1973

Thank you for your response regarding your stay at our property. We are Travelodge Ozona are working tirelessly make our property stand out in a small market. The room that you are mentioning was renovated and has two queens instead of two double beds. Also the beds were changed to inch and a half pillow top mattress. We take great pride in our breakfast offering which is more than what Travelodge recommends.
Again would like to thank you for your stay and your comments and concerns regarding the property. Hopefully you would give us another chance to make your stay 5 star next time instead of 3.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We had two rooms and both were horrible! We, like others, noticed an awful smell in the room. It wasn't until the next morning that my mother found a rotting pizza stuffed in the desk drawer! The pizza was covered in mold and bugs! It was nasty! The whole room screamed of a bad housekeeping staff...never again!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

I would like to thank you for your stay and your comments during your stay with us. We are very sorry that you had a bad experience at our property but we looked at the reviews and concerns of our guests and have made significant changes including removing all old furniture and upgrading it to new consumer friendly furniture, less drawers more space, easy access electrical outlet on the night stand and desks. We have also put in a fixed schedule of retraining our employees on a monthly basis. I personally check all the rooms on daily basis. We want to provide a great experience to our guest and are taking all necessary measures to make it happen.

I hope that we can see you next time when you are heading towards Ozona. I would ask you to give us a second chance so we can make your next stay a 5 star stay.