“Fantastic place to stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ozona
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Ozona
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This place was superb! Great rooms, great service, great value. Staff went out of way to make me feel at home. Just a very friendly town in general. Even kids on the street helped me find a car wash. Great job Holiday Inn. Great job. You bet I'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2013
Jorge R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ozona, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel. I have passed your appreciation on to our staff. We here at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ozona, Tx strive to make our guests feel welcomed, appreciated and most of all valued. Our home away from home atmosphere allows our guests to feel comfortable and be themselves.

We look forward to being able to accommodate you on your next visit to our area.

Jorge R

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ozona

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Stopped here on a business trip and it was a wonderful experience. Lady that checked me in was GREAT!! The ladies in the breakfast area were also GREAT!! What a way to start your day!!. Room was very clean and nice and reasonably priced.
I just can't say enough nice things about the staff, GREAT in every way. Will try to arrange trips so I can stay here again!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Jorge R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ozona, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay . I'm pleased to read that you found the atmosphere of our hotel comfortable and friendly. We strive to bring to our guest that "home away from home" experience and we look forward to you visiting with us again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Very clean! I also appreciated how helpful the staff was. My poor hubby came down with the flu while on our travels, and the front desk lady was helpful enough point me in the direction of the pharmacy and hospital (should I need it).. My kids loved how spacious the room and bathroom were. My only "complaint" was that the tubs need a little better traction as all three of my children and myself slipped and fell at One time or another while showering in there! Make sure to put a towel down lol! We did not get to use the pool but im sure it is quite nice based on the state of the rest of the hotel.. We are currently still here and I have not eaten here either, but the dining area appeared tidy and nice from my observation.. There is also a little convenience area that supplied soap etc that was neat as well.
All in all should I find myself in ozona tx again I will stay here again should I need to!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Jorge R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ozona, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns while staying with us. Your feedback is very important to us.

On behalf of our staff we thank you for your kind comments as we strive to bring each of our guests a home away from home atmosphere.

We are looking into rectifying your concern regarding more traction in the bathtub area and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and look forward to you and your family visiting with us on another occasion.

Jorge R

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The young man that check us in was very friendly and very helpful. The ladies working the breakfast buffet were awesome. The food was fresh, tasty and the selection was good. The hotel grounds were very well maintained and well lighted. Our room smelled clean and it was spotless. Bed and pillows were so nice and we slept well. The hotel is very well located and easy to find. I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Just skip the hotel all together. The website price is quoted as 129.99, but when you arrive the rude young woman at the front desk informs you that the room rate if 169.99. The place is not that great and can charge the outrageous room rates because the local economy is see an oil field glut - the they are Holiday Inn is on the gravy train. Everything in Ozona is priced to gouge the consumer and don't let the Holiday Inn response fool you - they are charging high room rates because they can - I will remember this as I travel throughout the US and skip ALL their hotels and I advise the same.

Room Tip: Don't bother pass the hotel by.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ozona, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Trounder,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide accommodation rates that are competitive in the area. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 September 2012

The property is fine. The pricing is outrageously high due to the recent oil field boom in West Texas. My rate was $149 per night for king room. When I entered the room there was a Rapid Check Out folder from the guest the night before that indicated that a person stayed in the same room under the "Leisure" rate and paid $113.95 for the same room. The evening clerk had no comments to offer. I stay in at least 75 HIE hotels per year an as a Gold Priority memember since 1985 I am offended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom H
I10Traveler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ozona, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Rates can vary between weekends and weekdays. This is the case in Ozona. Lately we have had a greater demand for rooms during the week due to oil field production.
Our main concern is your satisfaction and we value you as a gold priority member and hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Ozona.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

very good hotel although rate a bit of a shock when county tax of approx 8% was added as well. Not much nearby for dinner in Ozona except the steakhouse which you need to pay $5 temporary membership to have a beer or a red wine from a small plastic bottle. All a fun experience but not cheap,

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple