“Ozona Super 8”
Review of Super 8 Ozona

Super 8 Ozona
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Ozona
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I needed a place to stay around Ozona for a couple of nights following a dove hunting trip in San Angelo to do some work out at a new to me deer lease. Doing an online search based on price since it was merely a place to sleep between work days, I found the Super 8. I discussed with a few other hunters that had stayed there, and booked a room for a couple of nights. Upon arrival I was welcomed in the lobby and got checked in. I booked a non-smoking room with king size bed. The room was much larger than I expected compared to other similar hotels I have stayed. The room appeared very clean other than a number of stains on the carpet and at some point in time, it had been smoked in as there was a distinct odor lingering. The room came with a small refrigerator and comfortable bed. It also had free WiFi available with a back door leading into a concealed courtyard paradise with swimming pool ... a little oasis in the desert ... with numerous tropical plants (enclosed from the dry outside climate). Also onsite was a convenience store with gas/diesel available and a restaurant that offered a wide variety on the menu and nice sized salad bar. I have been on a pretty strict high protein diet (lost 50+ lbs in 13 weeks), so I opted for a nice steak with the salad bar to get my lean and green. This was a decent sized place but no non-smoking section that I could determine and it was fairly heavy with 2nd hand smoke. I had booked one night thru Orbitz (~$99) but when my dove hunt got cut short by a day, my wife called the hotel direct to get an additional night for me and got a lot better rate (~$70). I have sense been told that they offer various rates if you are members of certain clubs (AAA as an example). Other than the smokiness of the hotel room & restaurant, I enjoyed my stay. I will go on to say, that if my wife been with me, she would have definitely asked for a different room until she found one without the smoke odor (if they had one).

Room Tip: if you are not a smoker or are smoke sensative, be sure to ask for a NON-SMOKING room and request to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pmkkdx2
Austin W, General Manager at Super 8 Ozona, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us at Super8 of Ozona. We are about to remove all carpet in our rooms and replace it with tile. Please come and stay with with after the remodel and we make your stay more enjoyable!!!!!

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Ozona

1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 7 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was charged online $139 per room for two smelly, stinky, dirty, roach infested, awful rooms. The front desk did reduce the price by $20 per room. These were $50 per night rooms at best. My wife and I and my son and his wife were appalled at the poor conditions of the rooms. You need to fix this. The staff was ok.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We arrived and had to search for the front desk personnel. She was over at the restaurant. Our room was so gross that I refused to walk on the carpet. It had big black stains all over it. The place is falling apart. I will never stay here(or other Super 8s) again.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Austin W, General Manager at Super 8 Ozona, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

I would like to apologize for your recent stay at the Super 8 of Ozona. We will starting a remodel of the property very soon and would love for you to return and allow us to make your second stay a more enjoyable one.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

/we have stayed at Super 8 in Ozona since our granddaughter was 7 years old. She is now 15.It used to be a delightful stay. Now all I can say is: the room was filthy with huge ugly stains on the floor that no one had even attempted to clean up. Stains were also on the sagging chairs and the sheets did not fit the bed. We were not even sure there was a bottom sheet. Hair was spotted throughout the room, on the bed, floor, bathroom, etc. We were actually afraid to lie down on the sheets because we were not convinced that they had even been washed. Shame on whoever is in charge of this motel because I am convinced he or she would never step foot in a room, let alone sleep in a bed. your corporate office ought to do something about this motel, starting with whoever is in charge.

Room Tip: Choose another motel or you will worry all niight.
1  Thank bob r