“No room at the inn”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Paris
Paris, Texas
“No room at the inn”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

An ice storm left us without power so after the first night in the cold and the dark, we booked a room through the Holiday Inn website. When we showed up to check in, we were told there were no rooms and our reservation was no good as their system had been down. Talking to the two at the front desk was weird as neither would look at us or even attempt to look up our reservation. At the same time, the parking lot was much less then half full. I called guest services and they verified the reservation was good but they couldn't explain why there were no rooms. I don't know what the rest of the story is but My family and I got to spend another night in the cold and the dark.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Thetravelingtoads
Karmyn M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Paris, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
As a Manager in the Hospitality business, it really hurts my heart ,we could not honor our Guest's reservation. The entire city did not have electricity or phones. Our hotel did not have electricity , phone, or our computer system for almost 48 hours and when we finally got the service back on, it went down several times.
IHG contacted guests that had phone numbers or emails to alert them, we did not have service.
We certainly regret not being able to honor our guest's reservation. Please know that our Guests are our Top Prioity.

Thanks Karmyn Moore, Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stay at the Holiday Inn in Paris 10/21. Was in town for a family event. Didn't stay long enough to use the full benefits of the hotel, but it is very nice, the rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. Everything you would expect from Holiday Inn. The staff was friendly & helpful.
Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Karmyn M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Paris, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Paris, Texas. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
U.S.A.
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Out of this world level of customer service satisfaction delivered here.

Top notch employees!!! Very friendly,helpful, and happy! You must stay here when in Paris!

Room was immaculate/awesome!!

Had a personal welcome back card in my room with candy mints!!

LOVE everything about this place EVERY TIME I stay here.

• Stayed October 2013
Karmyn M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Paris, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us while traveling to Paris, Texas. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I just wanted to let the staff at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Paris Texas, know that we thoroughly enjoyed our 4 day stay with your hotel, the 2 queen suite was big enough for 3 people, everything including the hot breakfast was good, we just love that old fashion southern hospitality, everyone was so nice to us.
I have stay at other hotels in Paris and was not impress, Holiday Inn has the best of everything, its up to date with a modern feel to it, so for out next family reunion I know were I'll be staying In Paris Texas.

Keep up the GOOD WORK!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us, while in town for your family reunion. I am happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Marshall, Texas, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I'm in Paris, TX once a month and always stay at the HIE. Great place to stay!!!! Rooms always look great and are clean. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast is great. I wish that the juice machine was available 24/7.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Karmyn M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Paris, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
We appreciate your loyalty to the Holiday Inn Express in Paris, Texas. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed and continue to enjoy your stay. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Lancaster, California
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Manager Gail Dority went above and beyond our expectations in order to make our five day stay at this location both pleasant and relaxing. The hotel is clean, professionally staffed and easily accessible of the Business Loop. I did encounter a "safety" issue related to a large number of children in the pool area one of the evenings during my stay, however; following a complaint to the front desk, Gail personally visited the location and professionally addressed the problem at hand. I was so impressed with her concern for the wellfare of all involved.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the bottom floor with easy accesss to the pool and excercise area.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Karmyn M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Paris, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
We really appreciate you staying with us during your time in Paris, Texas. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look at each and everyone of our guests as family and their well being is our #1 priority. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to staying with us again in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have stayed here often on business in Paris. My top priority for a hotel is cleanliness.
The hotel was recently built and it is very inviting and comfortable. The staff is professional and welcoming. I have also stayed at the Hampton Inn in Paris, and I would have to say that I prefer the Holiday Inn Express.

Location is great too - right next to one of my favorite restaurants in Paris - Roma's.
Sometimes parking can be a little tight as the Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn share a parking area.

Overall, this hotel exceeds my expectations for Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor, but all floors are good. You can't hear the road nearby.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Karmyn M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Paris, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while working here in Paris, Texas. It is our goal to make each and every one of our guests feel at home during their stay with us. We look forward to you staying with us again in the furture.