“Beautiful Victorian Home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Old Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Paris B&B and Inns
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Beautiful Victorian Home!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My stay at the beautiful Old Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast was like going back in time. It is a beautifully appointed home that is very welcoming with a truly gourmet breakfast!! "Southern Hospitality" is alive and well in Paris, TX.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I can't say enough about this wonderful B & B! From the great accommodations, to the two most friendly and attentive innkeepers and the AMAZING food! (Love the homemade Cinnamon Rolls! They are to die for!). It felt just like home! WE will definitely be back! :-)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunnyvale, TX
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was an excellent choice for a wonderful weekend in Paris! The sisters that own the house are excellent cooks and hostesses. The breakfast was unsurpassed. Every detail was thought out, from the robes to the right kind of peppermints! They had coffee machine that was self serve 24 hrs. a day for hot beverages and homemade sweets. We really enjoyed the trail in Paris for our bike ride.

Room Tip: If you want a tub and a shower, request it. They have one room with both, the others have shower and...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jan P
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Traveling through Texas, I visited Paris more for the name of the town than anything and wasn't paying too much attention to where I stayed. But the Old Magnolia House changed my mind on that. It's a real find and quite, quite beautiful. Very welcoming, lovely rooms, excellent breakfast. If you're ever in Paris and you can, stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Farmersville, Texas, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

One weekend I was looking for a place to ride my bike and write and choose Paris Texas. On the recommendation of a member of the NETT Coalition (North East Texas Trail Coalition) I selected the Old Magnolia, which is blocks from downtown and blocks from the Trail de Paris Trail head (what they call their portion of the NETT in Paris).
Upon arrival I was greeted with a big smile and welcome. I told the owner my plan and we discussed breakfast plans. She was more than willing to accommodate my needs. We agreed that she would put out muffins and water for a pre-ride fuel. Upon return from my ride I showered then got to enjoy the full fancy breakfast, and I might add it was scrumptious. After I went to my comfortable room to write an article I had been asked to write for The Racing Post Magazine. After working on that for a while I searched the internet and Facebooked, so you know the WiFi works well. Now my eyes were heavy as I had been up since 5:30 am. I though "I wonder if I could take a short nap." I rolled over and boom I was out like a light and slept for about 2 hours. Heard not one noise while napping. After I got up and went for another ride. Once I returned I inquired about a Mexican Food Restaurant I had ridden past and got a good recommendation. Although there was an option for entertainment for the night, I was tired and knew I wanted to get up early and ride again. To bed I went. The bed was very comfortable, the rooms quiet and the company nice. The following morning we did the same breakfast routine and this time I got to enjoy the company of other guests and the owner while eating the second breakfast.
If there were only one negative I had to put out is the place had so many tea cups, knick-knacks and pictures it was difficult to rest my eyes as I walked through the house. I just kept looking. Additionally, the taxidermy cat by the fire place was a bit creepy too. I guess the house was decorated in traditional Victorian style, but it was a little overwhelming to my eye. With that said I would definitely stay there again as there is no real negative only a decorating preference. Go enjoy Paris, the hospitality of the Old Magnolia and walk away refreshed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sazzisuz
Weldon
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Between St. Louis and College Station, Texas is the town of Paris: they even have their own Eiffel Tower complete with red cowboy hat!!! The only B & B is Old Magnolia House but it would be the BEST in town if there were dozens to choose from!!! I have stayed at many B & B's and this is one of my favorites. I will definitely try to visit again, when I visit my aunt.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Blue Room because I prefer showers. If you like claw foot tubs, try The Pink room...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Greenville, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Let me start off by saying that I have never been to a B&B before, so this was a pretty new experience for me, but I wanted to take my new wife on a night out before school starts back up again (she's a teacher) and so we found this place not far from our house. Being my first time somewhere like this I didn't really know what to expect, but Debbie made us feel right at home. The food was great, the conversation was even better and the house was like a trip back in time. The beds were beyond comfortable (apparently you can only get sheets like that through a Bed and Breakfast union, whoda thought that), and everything was as better than I had hoped. Will definitely be going back

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple