“Absolutely perfect !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Old Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Paris B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Absolutely perfect !”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I plan a surprise Valentine's getaway every year for my husband. This year I took him to Paris .... Texas ... and it was a great decision! We stayed at this bed & breakfast and I can't say enough good things about it. We are avid B&B fans ... have stayed in many here and abroad ... and this ranks amongst the best. Debbie & Prissy are charming hostesses with great senses of humor. The home is beautifully decorated with every small amenity at your disposal. Breakfast was superb - beautiful presentation and absolutely delicious. Debbie & Prissy are warm and welcoming, without being intrusive at all, and make you feel right at home. They also know everything there is to know about the area and are happy to point you in the right direction. We are looking forward to a return trip - hopefully with a special dinner pre arranged at the B&B!

Room Tip: Any of the 3 are delightful! We stayed in the Magnolia and enjoyed the extra sitting area.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This was our first B&B experience and we had the best time. My husband and I went with another couple to have an early Valentine's Day celebration. 'Prissy' was wonderful, making sure we had anything we needed and made us feel right at home. She'd pop in to make sure we weren't lacking anything while we were in the dining or living rooms, then she'd leave us to it. The house is beautiful and we asked a lot of questions about it, which she was happy to answer. The breakfast was superb and we did not leave hungry. This was a fantastic weekend to relax with our friends and see a new city. We plan to go back and have already recommended it to my family.

Room Tip: The Magnolia Room has a small sitting area, a shower/tub combo as well as a jacuzzi tub. I didn'...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Owego, New York
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I normally stay at a chain motel, but there was none in the area, so I checked out what else was available and ran across this BnB. It was actually less expensive than another chain motel. All comparisons ended there, however.
Old Magnolia House is an antique lovers dream being tastefully decorated throughout with period furniture, geegaws, ornaments and finials galore. The Blue Room was clean, quiet, comfortable and a delight to stay in. The cable TV was entertaining and the wireless internet was strong wherever I used it. I went out of my room to a close by sitting room with a great view of the neighborhood, sipped a cup of fresh coffee and checked my emails with no problems. You feel welcome to move about, not stay cooped up in one room. The bed was great and the shower/bathroom clean and fully functional. The living room/parlor is inviting and comfortable. Spacious, off-street parking behind the house was a relief as I had tools in the back of my open truck. The neighborhood is quiet and respectable.
The real treat was the breakfast! It was a feast! Bacon, scrambled eggs, potatoes with cheese, biscuits with jelly and REAL butter, fresh fruit and juice. All cooked fresh to absolute perfection! Debbie did the cooking as well regale me with the story of how she and her sister came to be the proprietors of this great House. She has the gift of hospitality. I will definitely stay there again when in the area. It felt like I was a kid again staying at my Grandma's house!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed here two nights and absolutely loved it!! The house is beautifully decorated, super clean, very comfortable, and has the greatest hostesses to be found. The hostesses are from the area and know everyone and everything about the history of the town, etc. They are so helpful, and yet they gave us our privacy. The breakfast is incredible!! This has got to be the nicest accommodation found in the Paris area! We read about Paris,Texas in a travel magazine and decided to go there. What fun we had!! I found some beautiful antiques, we had some great meals (go to bois d'arc - awesome!!), and saw a play at the community theater in Paris. All in all, it was a charming little town and we had such a restful, fun trip!! We travel all over the world and would highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Magnolia Room. It is the biggest of the rooms and includes a separate sitting area...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rockwall Texas
Reviewed 10 December 2013

One of the most beautifully decorated Victorian homes I've seen. The owners make you feel like family. The breakfast is outstanding and beautifully presented. The price is exceptional and the beds are lush and comfortable. The price difference in this B&B and the local hotels is less than the cost of a decent breakfast anywhere making this option a no brainier. I will definitely return as frequently as my work travel allows. Best stay of any B&B so far!

Room Tip: All rooms have private baths. The rose room is most private. The Magnolia room has a jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
East Texas
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Though the Old Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast is the only B&B within the city limits of Paris, Texas, the two owners (middle-aged sisters) treat their guests as if they were in competition with dozens of other establishments. The sisters take turns manning the b&b on weekends so it is a rarity when guests have the opportunity to meet and interact with both of them. That opportunity did come about for us because the Old Magnolia House was the Paris mayor's choice for a luncheon for his visiting children. Even though the request came late in the evening before the on duty sister called her sibling and between the two of them they planned and orchestrated an amazing event. And all this was done without sacrificing the care and comfort of their guests. The sisters have unique though differing gifts in the area of hospitality, but they both recognize their differing strengths. That recognition makes their working relationship not only easy but extremely successful.

The room rate seemed quite reasonable to me. The room we had, the Magnolia, has a separate sitting room and a Jacuzzi tub in the bath, as well as a shower. Though I am not an aficionado of Victorian home decorating, I could tell that a lot of time, expertise and finances had gone into the decorating of the entire home (we were given a tour of all the room as we were the first to arrive that weekend). Though the rooms appeared somewhat crowded with bric-a-brac and furniture, both sisters encouraged us to move anything that was in our way so that we would feel as comfortable as possible. You cannot ask for more of hosts of any such establishment.

I can't add any more to other reviews concerning their breakfasts. Not only was ours one of the most delicious my wife and I have ever enjoyed (and we do enjoy breakfasts!), it was the healthiest meal bar none. The only drawback I see concerning the Old Magnolia is that the house contains only four guest rooms, so reservations usually must be made well in advance. However, just as we experienced when we decided to make a spur-of-the-moment trip to Paris, sometimes a late cancellation occurs just minutes before a phone call requesting a reservation is made. Serendipity!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank srsEastTexas
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My stay at the beautiful Old Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast was like going back in time. It is a beautifully appointed home that is very welcoming with a truly gourmet breakfast!! "Southern Hospitality" is alive and well in Paris, TX.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo