“Mostly Good Value.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Pros:
- A/C was excellent. Wish I had one of these for my place. Cooled like a freezer.

- Room, bedding, bathroom, and flooring was very clean.

- TV picture quality and resolution was perfect.

- Office staff were professional and courteous

- The motel grounds and buildings appeared clean.. with NO Cigarette Butts or litter on the grounds noticed. Something I truly appreciate.

- WiFi reception and speed was EXCELLENT. Something rarely found in other motels.

- Bed and pillows were very comfortable. I slept very well.

- The refrigerator in the room actually cooled very well. This is not the case for most other motels I've stayed in this year.

Cons:
- Some of the room furniture showed some wear from previous guests.. and should be replaced.

- Weather stripping below room entrance door was non-existent. Daylight was seen coming thru. This means bugs could come in and precious energy is being wasted. NO bugs were in the room though.

- The hall ways with stairs to the upper floors were grossly UNDER LIT. I felt like I was entering a cave when each time I entered one of these areas.. and at night... felt a little uneasy at the darkness for security reasons.

- The stairs to the upper floors needed cleaning (pressure washing) on a regular basis. They were dirty.

- The motel's laundry was in one of these hallways. I felt very sorry for the lady that was working in the laundry.. as the laundry looked very cramped.. and hot for her.. and the environment in there looked like a "hell hole". I don't like to see people slaving away for my benefit. I truly wish the company could make a better environment for the laundry staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Like other reviews have stated, some of the other hotels in Paris are over priced. I stopped in here, and it was about half as much as the others in the same area! Place was clean, not really out of date, decor wise either! It was quiet and the AC was kickin'.. Important for the hot Texas Summer! I would stay again. The staff was friendly and imformative on the area attractions in Paris! Which, by the way, is quite the little city! Great early 20th Century Architecture! Do not pass this place by.. You can spend the money you save on a nice dinner!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robert S
abviparis, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Robert,
We are very thankful you took the time to leave your review and show us a lot of appreciation. We always try to give the lowest rates we can and our goal is to get the best value for you! We're glad you had a clean, cool, and enjoyable stay in Paris, TX and visited some of our unique attractions and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights and it was fine. The room was large, with a sitting area so plenty of space for bags and gear or an extra space for kids. It is motel style, so it's drive up, but I was not kept awake either night from outside noise even though the hotel was packed. It is an older property and doesn't have any interior upgrades to speak of, but the linens were clean, the AC cranked, and it was easy to get to. Since it was inexpensive, had the things I needed like a fridge, microwave, and hair dryer, I'd go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
abviparis, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you very much for choosing us for your accommodation while visiting Paris, TX. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and had a quiet and comfortable stay. We really appreciate you leaving a pleasant review and are working steadily on renovations through the business. We hope you see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This hotel is the deal of the century. I was tired and just wanted a decent room for a good price. The room was inexpensive, clean, and very large. Nice furnishings, good bed and linens. Room had microwave and fridge. The wi fi was good and the desk did not charge me for my fax. Lately it seems, if the price is low hotels charge for all the extras. The other hotels in Paris are somewhat pricey for the area. Check this one out, you wont be disappointed

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Iris M
abviparis, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

We really appreciate you taking out the time to write us a review. I'm glad you had a comfortable stay and that we offer you the value you were looking for in Paris, TX. Thank you also for appreciating the complimentary amenities we have for our guests.
We hope to see you on your travels again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Breakfast was clean organized and good food. Britney at the desk resolved our issues with the internet within minutes of our complaint and was able to refer us to the best tourist sites as well as give detailed directions, really knew what she was doing and very helpful. Rooms were clean cleaning services were very respectful beds were the best slept great. Great location

Have to recommend the Paris Texas Eiffel Tower (nice picture site for tourist)

Room Tip: Rooms by pool have better view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
abviparis, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Kristin,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to leave us your positive feedback and being a great guest! I would like to personally thank you for mentioning Brittany's efforts to ensure you visit all the best tourist sites in Paris and make a memorable experience. It is very rewarding for us to hear you had a comfortable stay. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Due to an ice storm, this was the only room available. Check in took too long. They are still using hand written cards. Very disorganized. The room was a mess. Outdated bed coverings, filthy chair, thin towels and hair on the bathroom floor. Will never be back.

• Stayed: December 2013
abviparis, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We do apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. I do understand that check in time took a lot longer during your stay as we had an impromptu ice storm and the front desk was very busy handling a full house and ensuring all guests' safety. Also I ensure you that we do have routine housekeeping checks to make sure we maintain all rooms to a high standard. We appreciate your input and have addressed it with our housekeeping team. Our hotel has also had continuous room renovations throughout the year so we hope you will give us another chance. We can address any further concerns if you would like to call us directly at 903-785-5566.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I would recommend calling the Amaericas Best Value Inn direct at 903 785 5566. Brittany is the front desk manager, and you will never find a more pleasant, more accommodating, eager to assist with all your needs, a " yes, we can" attitude. I must say all of the staff are excellent. I stayed there for 2 weeks on one occasion and have stayed there several other times. Always the same experience.
Rooms are clean, continental breakfast is sufficient whether you want hot or cold, and always well stocked. You will be very pleased and surprised as to what you receive for the price. I would not stay any place but Americas Best Value Inn in Paris. CW

Room Tip: The closer you stay to the lobby, the stronger the free Wi-Fi signal.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business